JEAN TWEED CENTRE, a community based treatment centre for women with mental health, substance use and gambling problems and their families, invites applicants for the following position:
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
(3 DAYS PER WEEK)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Community Development Coordinator is responsible for all fundraising and development activities. The Coordinator will initiate and execute a comprehensive plan for developing key partnerships and donor support. The Coordinator will maintain an event committee and implement the infrastructure needed to grow revenue through the solicitation of major gifts, special events, corporate support, grants and social media campaigns.
- To develop and maintain a fundraising plan and all associated budget requirements.
- To develop and cultivate appropriate relationships with major donors.
- To coordinate all fund raising activities.
- To ensure and maintain appropriate sponsorship, promotion and/or media awareness.
- To maintain meticulous fundraising records and correspondence.
- A strong commitment to social entrepreneurship.
- 5+ years’ experience in business or nonprofit development with an annual budget of at least $4 million.
- Bachelor’s degree, MA (a plus).
- Proven success with fundraising, reporting, and event planning.
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
- Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of partners, donors and build long-term relationships.
- Knowledge and comfort in use of donor database software and superior computer proficiency including Excel.
- Creative self-starter with passion for fundraising.
- Ability to work in a community-based organization.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and organization skills.
DIRECT RESUME TO:
Human Resources Manager
Statement of Inclusion:
The Jean Tweed Centre recognizes and values the rich diversity of Canadian society and specifically the women, children and families we serve. We are committed to working from an inclusive and holistic anti-oppression framework to assist women and their families from various cultures, racialized groups, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities.
If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any material or processes used to ensure your equal participation