Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
World Vision Canada (WVC) journeys with donors to become joyful, generous givers while working with internal and external partners to execute an impactful marketing strategy.
The National Manager, Strategic Fundraising Initiatives, will lead the National Team, Strategic Fundraising Initiatives within the Philanthropy Team. This role interacts with donors - particularly corporate, multicultural and women in philanthropy - across Canada to deepen supporter engagement with World Vision’s mission. The role requires growth within corporate, multicultural and women in philanthropy donor bases in the $10-$100k mark while supporting senior leadership for donors in these segments with gifts exceeding $100k. This role reports to the Director, Philanthropy.
• Ignites passion for philanthropy inside and outside of WVC particularly for diverse audiences
• Manages a team of three Philanthropy Advisors on the National Strategic Fundraising Initiatives Team
• Creates and leads strategy for the National Strategic Fundraising Initiatives team, including building comprehensive donor plans for corporate, multicultural and women in philanthropy, that cover acquisition, stewardship, and cultivation
• Grows donors’ contributions by building deep and meaningful relationships; understanding a donor’s place in their spiritual journey, their affinity with World Vision, issues they care about, and capacity to give • Leads the development of individualized donor experiences through face to face and phone contacts, emails, letters, proposals, reports, stewardship updates; ensure communications adhere to brand guidelines
• Uses customer data and insights to lead customer engagement and asks while nimbly navigating donor engagement across corporate, multicultural and women in philanthropy platforms
• Partners with Brand & Creative Solutions to build donor proposals; present the proposals to donors
• Identifies, pursues and cultivates prospects for major donors proactively through attending events, leveraging social networks, and identifying influencers within corporate, multicultural and women in philanthropy segments
• Works with PR & Communications to create and lead an influencing presence in the community including speaking at leadership fundraising events such as the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Canadian Association of Gift Planners, (CAGP), conferences, and webinars
• Ensures planned giving references are included discussions with donors when appropriate and build leads for the legacy and planned giving team
• Applies knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and compliance requirements for financial products into planned giving discussions
• Strategically develop donor engagement through trips to the field and event invitations
• Continually improves and develops self and team in the major gift fundraising space
• Actively oversees entire National Strategic Initiatives strategy and team, while also owning and cultivating a portfolio of customers.
• Leads, through various channels as defined by a Major Gift, customer journeys with the goal of growing income and engagement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Highly personalized stewardship capabilities and coordination with the appropriate philanthropy team for donor engagement to reach overall Philanthropic targets
• Detailed understanding and professional financial acumen with planned giving instruments
• Leadership understanding of CRA compliance
• Adept, nimble, disciplined and strategic with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, data and analytics
• Skilled communicator across written and verbal communication platforms
• Ability to appropriately and sensitively navigate across diverse audiences
• Adept at developing and reporting on key metrics and initiatives for strategic fundraising outcomes across the team and with key internal stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years of fundraising, and/or business development and relationship management experience in a customer-centric organization, including leadership donor cultivation within corporate, multicultural and/or women in philanthropy contexts
• Achieved or ability to achieve Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation within 1 year of employment
• Extremely strong relationship building and business development skills
• Demonstrated passion for major gift fundraising; eager to learn and expand skillset
• Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales/fundraising performance metrics
• Skilled in public speaking; able to engage diverse audiences
• A skilled communicator for business case development (donor proposals)
• Expert in using CRM systems
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle with the ability to travel is required
• Ability to work from a home office
How to Apply:
World Vision is committed to the protection of children; all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check. Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website:
Application deadline: This posting will remain open until the position is filled.