St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation is on a roll! We have a great neighbourhood, an outstanding health centre, lots of important fundraising priorities and a successful campaign. We’ve built a great Foundation group and are looking for a key person to join us. If you are an enthusiastic, energetic, results-orientated fundraising professional who wants to be part of St. Joseph’s historic Promise campaign please apply to be our Development Officer today. We are looking forward to you helping us realize impressive results now and in years to come!
Reporting directly to the President, the Development Officer, collaborates on developing and executing strategies to support the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of St. Joseph’s largest donors as part of the current campaign and future initiatives. The Development Officer also works closely with the Vice President of Development who manages the campaign.
Leadership Gifts at St. Joe’s represent those of $150,000 or more from individuals, corporations and foundations and are central to the success of the institution’s fundraising revenues.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In close partnership with the President of the Foundation, oversees the coordination of all Leadership Gift prospects and strategies leading to the fulfillment of annual and multi-year financial objectives;
- Coordinates the President’s donor and volunteer engagement to advance key prospects;
- Working with the Communications team, writes letters of inquiry, acknowledgements, proposals, and other donor correspondence. Develops customized solicitation tools; writes talking points for events and meetings. Prepares detailed briefing materials to prepare senior leadership for cultivation or solicitation meetings or events. Prepares briefing and debriefing notes, letters, donor agreements and other documentation to support the closing of gifts;
- Where appropriate, participates in donor cultivation and solicitation calls, and volunteer briefings related to such calls;
- Manages the Leadership Gift prospect list, documenting actions in the database;
- Works with the Vice President of Development regarding identification and allocation of new prospects;
- Coordinates with the President’s Executive Assistant to ensure appropriate focus on priorities and next steps;
- Manages the stewardship of principal gift prospects and donors, developing opportunities for Presidential interaction, regular "touches" and formal written reports on use of their contributions;
- Works closely with the Director of Communications and Marketing to create proposals describing fundable projects at the Leadership Gift level;
- Works with senior leadership to ensure prospect coordination, participation of prospects in cultivation events, and other resources are prioritize appropriately;
- Works with the Vice President of Development to report and create an analysis model to track leadership gift progress and success, to guide decision-making and monitor performance of principal gift efforts. Develops and interprets relevant stewardship, gift and donor statistical information and analysis that is useful to St. Joe’s leadership in the overall development effort;
- As time permits, building a portfolio of up to 50 major gift prospects to cultivate and solicit gifts over $10,000.
BA/BS required .
- Minimum 5 years experience in the nonprofit field or trust based marketing/sales environment;
- Experience working in health care or other complex environment;
- Superior written and oral communication skills and creativity;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Capacity to “manage up” to internal and external (volunteer) executive leaders;
- An entrepreneurial spirit, self-confidence, optimistic, enthusiasm and a sense of humor;
- A team player;
- Display an exceptional level of professionalism, knowledge, productivity, and high ethical standards;
- Comfortable with working toward specific goals and objectives and being accountable for them.
If you feel that you would be a great fit for the position and foundation, please send in your resume and a covering letter by 5:00pm on November 17th, 2017 to email@example.com