Posted On: 2017-10-27
Closing On: 2017-11-17
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Title: Event Officer
Department: Community Engagement
Reporting Relationships: Manager, Events
Sunnybrook is a premier academic health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Today, with 1.2 million patient visits each year, Sunnybrook has established itself across three campuses and is home to Canada's largest trauma centre.
Sunnybrook Foundation exists to raise awareness and funds required to ensure that Sunnybrook achieves its mission.
Our five strategic areas of focus are:
•Heart and vascular
•High risk maternal and newborn
•Image guided brain therapies
The Event Officer will develop, cultivate and steward relationships with event organizers and volunteer committees to support their efforts and maximize fundraising potential. In addition, this role will support the Advancement and Stewardship teams by executing engaging donor events with event planning excellence.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of assigned donor, partnership and signature events acting as the overall project lead of the event
- Develop comprehensive sponsorship tactics to support partnership events
- Collaborate with the Advancement and Stewardship teams to execute effective cultivation and stewardship events which engage new donors and/or steward existing donors
- Manage and build meaningful relationships with community event organizers by providing event expertise to support their efforts in a manner that is consistent with Foundation guidelines
- Identify new event prospects and community engagement opportunities
- Manage project plans including scope, budgets, schedules and related activities
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders within the Hospital, Foundation, community groups and organizations in building awareness and retaining their support
- Represent the Foundation at external events, including meetings, luncheons, and recognition activities
- Work closely with volunteer committees, ensuring that the skill, capabilities and strengths of volunteers and volunteer leaders are recognized and maximized
- Mentor and collaborate with team members to work on events and assist with the development and growth of the team
Skills and abilities
- Superior event planning skills and ability to drive new event concepts
- Demonstrated sponsorship experience
- Ability to work under pressure, handle competing deadlines, respond promptly to donor/volunteer requests
- Embrace change and look for opportunities for continuous improvement
- Demonstrate self-confidence, flexibility, initiative, perseverance and integrity
- Ability to maintain a positive, flexible and responsive attitude, professional image and team-oriented style
- Demonstrated ability to work, both as a team member and on your own with minimal supervision
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings when necessary
- Minimum college or university degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing sponsorship strategy
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a non-profit environment
- Experience leading the planning of a large event
- Volunteer management experience including working with volunteer committees
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of Raiser’s Edge is an asset
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience by November 17, 2017 to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca .
Please quote “Event Officer” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.