Posted On: 2017-11-03
Closing On: 2017-12-02
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: as soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Rise Asset Development invests in entrepreneurs with a history of mental health or addiction challenges.
Rise is a registered charity that works to empower business owners with access to financing and business support. Rise recognizes the interdependency of financial well-being to one’s overall quality of life and is committed to improving the lives of people who are unable to secure employment due to mental health or addiction challenges.
Rise is headquartered in Toronto and has expanded operations to five locations across Ontario. Rise is poised to grow and is launching a national expansion strategy. Within the next five years, Rise plans to become a national organization extending support to entrepreneurs across Canada. Rise’s geographic focus will be Eastern and Western Canada as well as Northern Indigenous areas.
Your Opportunity to Make a Difference
As the ideal candidate and the new CEO, you are an inspiring leader with a passion for social causes ideally in the mental health sector. You are also known for your ability to think strategically, build strong business relationships and have an exceptional track record in revenue generation for social causes through partnership development, philanthropy and fundraising.
As our new CEO, you will report to our Board of Directors and be responsible for successfully achieving the vision and mission of the organization. Key accountabilities will include:
- Overall strategic leadership and accountability for all aspects of Rise, including oversight of operating plans, budgets and major strategic priorities including driving the execution of the our national scale expansion strategy;
- Cultivating, building and sustaining effective partnerships with stakeholders, donors, media, governments and other community partners;
- Leading revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations as well as national expansion;
- Building and maintaining a professional and collaborative relationship with our Board of Directors while providing advice enabling the Board to make sound strategic business decisions.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (ideally business administration in not-for-profit management community social work, social geography) or comparable credentials.
- Management: Substantive leadership (at least 10 years) in an executive and senior leadership capacity demonstrated through progressive experience in complex organizations, ideally focused in the advancement of social causes.
- Strategic Systems Thinking: Track record as a strategic, business minded, innovative and entrepreneurial systems thinker with an ability to translate vision into successful outcomes.
- Partnership Development and Relationship: Management: Accomplished networker and relationship builder, experienced in representing an organization to stakeholders.
- Fundraising and Revenue Generation: Experience in revenue generation through partnership development, philanthropy and fundraising.
- Business Management: Proven experience and acumen in business, financial and human resource management with an ability to manage risk and measurable improve organizational effectiveness through efficient utilization of resources.
- Program Management: Experience in planning, implementing, managing and evaluating multiple programs and services with competing priorities.
- Volunteer Management and Retention: Well-developed influencing skills will assist in motivating a large base of volunteers.
- Decision Making: Comfortable with ambiguity, flexible, yet decisive; willing to make and communicate complex business, operational or people decisions.
- People Leadership: Exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to direct, align, negotiate, motivate, evaluate, share skills, knowledge and recognize staff.
Key Leadership Competencies
- Strategic Thinking: Analysis & Ideas
- Engagement: People, Partners, Community
- Management Excellence: Action Management, Business Management, People Management
- Values & Ethics: Integrity, Respect
How to Apply
To explore this opportunity please apply online via email by November 22, 2017 or sooner to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting project RISE- CEO in the subject line.
Should you wish to speak to our Executive Recruiter please contact Jon Stungevicius at 416-214-9299 x1 or email@example.com or Amy Oliveira at 416-214-9299 x4 or firstname.lastname@example.org.