Organization: Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations (CCHF)
Title: Director, Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: President & CEO, Mark Hierlihy
Location: 8001 Weston Road, Vaughan, ON (Highway 7 & 400)
Here’s an opportunity to build authentic corporate and cause partnerships that benefit the health of Canada’s children.
Canada's Children's Hospital Foundations (CCHF) is seeking to recruit two entrepreneurial professionals to help design and build future focused partnerships between some of Canada’s biggest brands and children’s hospitals.
The ideal candidate has a track record of building mutually beneficial relationships that help companies achieve their business objectives while delivering high financial value to our member hospitals. A skilled problem solver, s(he) thrives in a fast pace environment and can manage multiple priorities and quickly respond to the needs of partners in well-thought out and workable solutions.
The incumbent will manage a portfolio of major partnerships, bring creative activation solutions to the table, and manage projects in a way that looks effortless. S(he) will be comfortable and adept at working collaboratively with 13 CCHF member hospital foundations in order to gain buy-in in an environment of competing priorities.
If this is you, read on.
ABOUT CANADA’S CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL FOUNDATIONS
Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations (CCHF) is a newly established Canadian not-for-profit comprised of a team who manages the well-established portfolio of Children’s Miracle Network Canada partnership of over $40 million in annual fundraising revenue. CCHF is also poised to diversify and expand revenue development through new national and international partnerships and campaigns in support of 13 of Canada’s children’s hospitals.
CCHF member hospitals tackle the greatest challenges and see the most critical cases and this team helps bring the power of these hospital brands together in a nation-wide story of impact. The goal is to significantly expand fundraising and impact. This will be your career opportunity to be part of a team creating the next generation of engagement of Canadians who want to be part of transforming children's health.
THE PERSON WE ARE SEEKING
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director, Corporate Partnerships is responsible for developing, managing and expanding fundraising programs with Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations corporate partners who participate in cause marketing and sponsorship programs on a national and multi-regional level. (S)he is part of a team of account directors managing multi-million dollar partnerships totalling more than $40 million, and growing. (S)he builds upon existing Children’s Miracle Network relationships, cultivates emerging partnerships, and identifies new opportunities to drive increased fundraising results.
The successful candidate will demonstrate positive energy, collaboration and innovative thinking, and an ability to create workable plans, work in a data-driven decision environment, while executing flawlessly. S(he) will be a calm-assertive, self-starter and future focused. The Director will up his/her sleeves at a ground level while juggling multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines. All this means s(he) can lead comfortably with one eye in a telescope and the other in a microscope in order to maximize both long-term ROI and short-term results.
S(he) should have their eye on the most innovative approaches in both the corporate and non-profit sectors. Exceptional partner service, intense curiosity, excellent interpersonal skills will be core qualities, and the ability to relate effectively to a wide diversity of people and competing priorities. A commitment to living by CCHF values and to building and enhancing the culture will be critical and easily seen through your leadership style.
Finally, (s)he will actively contribute to the development of a 3-5 year strategic plan, annual business plan and execution, contribute to an outstanding culture while also actively supporting the senior team to educate and engage the Board in the strategy and plan.
- Create, manage and drive growth strategies using fundraising, sales and relational skills, to drive results and improve performance
- Collaborate with development teams (internally and externally) to identify new initiatives to further growth
- Oversee and evaluate current programs and strategies while taking into account the changing fundraising landscape and competitive market
- Develop and implement engagement strategies designed to cultivate deeper relationships throughout corporate partnerships
- Use data to analyse and refine programs to ensure resources are being allocated appropriately
- Develop detailed partner plans with focus on , growth, engagement, activation, and stewardship activities with end goal of exceeding fundraising targets
- strengthen relationships with partners in view of renewing and enhancing their support through cause-marketing campaigns and program sponsorship
- Effectively manage portfolio budgets
- Develop national communication plans to ensure consistent and systematic activation across the country
- Guide the development of partner-specific campaign materials and digital/social plans
- Forecasting and results reporting
Leadership and Collaboration
- Act as a positive leader within the national office and across the network
- Represent the values of the organization at all times
- Lead cross-functional teams that are focused on organizational priorities
- Identify opportunities for innovation
- Build effective relationships with Hospital Foundation colleagues across the country
- Celebrate success as a way to acknowledge and motivate future achievement
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from university or college
- 5-7 years related experience in cause marketing, sponsorship, community social responsibility, sales, marketing or public relations
- Demonstrated experience working with large corporate partners and an ability to navigate complex organizations
- Knowledge of generally accepted sponsorship and cause marketing principles and practices
- Donor and event management experience
- Relevant knowledge and experience with Corporate Social Responsibility goals and expectations
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong planning and administration skills
- Strategic, innovative, and creative approach to challenges and opportunities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Collaborative team player
- A “go getter”
- Demonstrated competency in systems and tools, such as MS Office suite, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, CRM
- Must possess a valid drivers licence and have access to a vehicle
- Willingness to travel overnight (Canada and US) and occasional weekend and holiday events
If you are looking for an outstanding challenge to be part of a quickly growing organization and believe “dream team” is a descriptor that fits you - don't delay. We invite you to send forward your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are the right person to help lead CCHF forward.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is November 24, 2017.