Posted On: 2017-11-03
Closing On: 2017-12-03
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: Winter 2017
Employment Type: Contract
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. It provides opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, to learn, to connect and to participate in a wide range of cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded in 1953 the MNjcc is home to a 3600 member state of the art Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, four choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust Active 55+ program. We are committed to removing barriers and being accessible to all who come through our doors including those who are Deaf or experience disabilities.
To further the mission of the Miles Nadal JCC, the Development Coordinator, Annual Giving plays a vital role in building a strong culture of philanthropy by helping to lead and grow annual giving programs including campaign coordination, donor communication and special events. They will strengthen and foster donor relations with a focus on identifying and stewarding individuals with potential to contribute to the MNjcc achieving its fundraising goals. Reporting to the Director of Development, this multifaceted position is a great opportunity for a dynamic, organized individual who enjoys an active learning environment in a growing team-oriented organization. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual who is looking to apply and expand their sills to further develop their career in fundraising.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Annual Giving - Implement the execution of annual giving campaigns, including two annual multi-channel campaigns, monthly renewals and other special appeals as needed, and report on results.
- Stewardship - Develop and manage the gift acknowledgement and tax receipting process and other donor correspondence including administrative assistance to the Director of Development.
- Events Management - Coordinate the planning, promotion and logistics of an annual fundraising event and other stewardship/cultivation events as needed.
- Communications - Collaborate with the Marketing team on content as needed to ensure timely and relevant donor-centered communications, such as compelling fundraising materials, a quarterly donor e-newsletter, and website and social media updates.
- Other Duties - Assist with the coordination and management of additional fundraising activities, as assigned by supervisor.
- Project Management ‐ Accomplishes a task with a thorough and precise focus on every component of the project, and identifies opportunities to increase efficiencies and solve problems in the workplace.
- Teamwork ‐ Works positively and productively to achieve group goals within a team setting by readily engaging others while being aware of the perspectives of each individual member.
- Flexibility ‐ Balances the needs and interests of various stakeholders and is responsive in adjusting plans and priorities based on current situation and needs.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent with a minimum of two years full-time relevant experience in fundraising/development or related field.
- Proven track record of initiating and executing multi-channel fundraising appeals, including direct mail, with a focus on monitoring results and adapting for greater response.
- Ability to manage regular and timely communications and reports to donors, including gift acknowledgments.
- Experience coordinating events in collaboration with other staff, volunteers and external vendors.
- A self-starter, who is team-oriented with a positive, “can-do” attitude, has a willingness to learn, strong sense of personal initiative and ownership of projects.
- Works effectively with a diverse population of staff, volunteers, donors and external contacts to build and maintain successful relationships.
- Extremely well-organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and set and meet deadlines.
- Possesses a professional demeanor with strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for working in the charitable sector.
- Knowledge of donor management or CRM databases, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Salary and Benefits:
- The Development Coordinator, Annual Giving is a 32 hrs/week contract position.
- Salary range commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
- Email resume and cover letter indicating where you found the posting to davidf @mnjcc.org with the subject: “Application: Development Coordinator, Annual Giving”.
- Please note that only candidates moving to the next stage of the selection process will be contacted.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
The MNjcc is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of JCC culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Please contact David Fielder at: (416) 924-6211 x404; firstname.lastname@example.org; or in person by appointment.