Posted On: 2017-11-07
Closing On: 2017-11-15
Location: Peterborough, ON
Effective: Dec 1 2017
Employment Type: Contract
Five Counties Children’s Centre invites qualified service providers to provide Project Management Services relating to the transfer of contracts from LHIN contracted service providers to the Centre.
This RFP process shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
The Centre is a partner in the Special Needs Strategy (SNS). The ministries of Children and Youth Services (MCYS), Community and Social Services (MCSS), Education (EDU) and Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) have been working with children’s service providers and district school boards to implement Ontario’s Special Needs Strategy.
A key initiative of the SNS is the integrated delivery of rehabilitation services (IR), specifically physiotherapy (PT), occupational therapy (OT), and speech-language pathology (SLP) for children and youth from birth to school exit. This initiative is guided by Program Guidelines for the Integrated Delivery of Rehabilitation Services.
This marks the beginning of a transformative process that is focused on family-centred care.
Phase 1 of the process of integrating rehabilitation services was initiated on September 1, 2017. The Assistant Deputy Ministers from the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Ministry of Children and Youth Services, and Education shared the following announcements:
- As of April 1, 2018, current or existing contracts will be transitioned from LHINs to Children's Treatment Centres (CTCs) for public school students requiring speech services, as well as occupational and physiotherapy in publicly-funded schools.
- Contracts with service providers will transition from LHINs to CTCs on April 1, 2018.
- Funding will transfer from the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to the Ministry of Children and Youth Services for the services that are transitioning from LHINs to CTCs.
- In-scope services are speech services, physiotherapy and occupational therapy in public schools only.
- There will be no interruptions to ongoing service delivery during this transition.
- The ministry will reach out to LHINs, service provider associations and CTCs about a common provincial process for transitioning contracts.
As a result of this announcement The Centre will be responsible for assuming up to 6 new service provider contracts effective April 1, 2018. The transfer of these contracts will be guided by provincial work while maintaining a focus on local relationships and uniqueness.
The Centre requires Project Management expertise to assist us with this significant transition.
For more information regarding this RFP please contact Stephenie Bowie at email@example.com or 705-748-2337 x200