Posted On: 2017-11-07
Closing On: 2017-12-01
Location: Brampton, ON
Effective: January 15 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
William Osler Health System Foundation (Osler Foundation) is looking for an exceptional writer with a passion for health care and philanthropy to join our fundraising team.
The Senior Development Writer will play a key role in the fundraising effort at Osler Foundation, joining a dynamic team of fundraising, communications and marketing professionals. The successful candidate will be our lead transformational and major gift proposal writer responsible for creating compelling, customized proposals, stewardship reports, as well as campaign case documents and other materials as required.
This position is based at the Peel Memorial site in Brampton; travel to our other hospital sites will be expected.
Our ideal candidate is a skilled writer and natural story-teller with an inquisitive mind and desire to seek out information from Osler Foundation and Osler colleagues to create compelling fundraising materials that effectively match donor interests with the priorities and needs of the hospital. Experience in the health care sector and in translating complex medical concepts into persuasive copy is an asset.
ABOUT WILLIAM OSLER HEALTH SYSTEM FOUNDATION:
Osler Foundation is the fundraising arm of William Osler Health System (Osler). Osler serves 1.3 million people in Brampton, Caledon, North Mississauga, Etobicoke and the surrounding region. This is one of the fast-growing and most ethnically-diverse regions of Canada.
Osler Foundation builds and fosters relationships in our hospitals and in the community to raise funds to support the clinical priorities at Brampton Civic Hospital and Etobicoke General Hospital, Osler’s two acute-care sites, and Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness, an innovative new facility that opened in 2017.
- Write transformational and major gift proposals that raise funds to support Osler priorities by inspiring and engaging donors, often under tight deadlines and with competing obligations.
- Write compelling impact reports for major donors and support the Donor Relations team in the execution of major gift announcements and stewardship events.
- Provide writing and editing expertise in other areas (i.e. donor newsletters, campaign cabinet correspondence, business plans, annual reports, speaking notes, etc.) as needed.
- Collaborate with Osler’s clinical and administration leads to conduct primary research, interview subject matter experts, gather information on funding priorities and report on the impact of donor support.
- Collaborate with Osler Foundation and Osler colleagues to build a patient testimonial repository to support fundraising efforts.
- Maintain a positive, flexible, team-oriented, collaborative style.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism or related major.
- Minimum five years of professional writing experience; demonstrated experience and excellence in writing within the health care sector is an asset. (Candidates will be asked to show samples of work produced and be prepared to do an at-home writing assignment.)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license and access to an automobile.
* In order to be considered for this position, you must include a current resume with your on-line application.
** Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted **
Please apply online at www.williamoslerhs.ca