World Animal Protection is one of the world’s largest international animal welfare organizations. We want to see a world where every animal lives free from suffering. We employ 300+ people worldwide and we’re growing.
We are seeking a dynamic Direct Response Manager to join our Canadian office located in Toronto. The office currently has over 150,000 supporters across Canada and revenues of approximately $6 million. This is a dynamic and critical role, responsible for inspiring our donors to support animal protection around the globe.
Reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with key members of the fundraising and communications teams, the successful candidate will have a proven record of using creative tactics, grounded in strong analysis to increase revenue from direct response channels. S/he will have between 3-5 years of experience working within the non-profit sector; preferably with an organization that uses a multi-channel approach to fundraising.
- At least 5 years’ experience in fundraising preferably in the implementation of targeted multi-channel direct marketing campaigns designed to increase revenues from existing donors
- At least 3-5 years’ experience with database management and analysis; at least one year of experience with Raiser's Edge (or similar database)
- Working knowledge of donation management tools (e.g. Luminate)
- Proven competency in Adobe Acrobat Suite of products including Photoshop and InDesign
- Develops annual strategy, budget and work plans that significantly grow revenue from direct response streams
- Manages and monitors the direct response income and expenditure budgets, produces financial reports, prepares forecasts and accounts for variations in revenue and expenditure
- Analyzes direct response campaign results and activities, ensures that fundraising goals are being met and that activities are adjusted to maximize return on investment
- Conducts deep dive analysis on campaign results, makes recommendations that significantly improve revenues and provides detailed reports and business cases for senior management
- Executes the direct appeal process from beginning to end including working with a copywriter, developing copy, liaising with lasering/lettershop, developing critical paths, design etc. for all house appeals and prospect appeals (including lead generation)
- Manages fulfillment and data processing activities performed by internal/external agencies
- Designs, targets, writes copy and executes all e-appeals and donation pages including stand-alone e-appeals, e-primers, and e-reminders
- Provides input into the e-communications, lead generation and stewardship of new and existing donors through collaboration with the Digital Marketing Manager
- Supervises the execution of the strategy and budget, provides recommendations and conducts analysis of results for telemarketing
The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, November 29th, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Please send your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put DR Manager in the subject line.