Posted On: 2017-11-10
Closing On: 2017-12-11
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Canadian Civil Liberties Association (CCLA) fights for the civil liberties, human rights, and democratic freedoms of all people across Canada. Founded in 1964, we are an independent, national, nongovernmental organization, working in the courts, before legislative committees, in the classrooms, and in the streets, protecting the rights and freedoms cherished by Canadians and entrenched in our Constitution. CCLA is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its practice.
CCLA is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Development and Fundraising Director. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development and Fundraising Director will create a strategic approach to fundraising which may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation and membership development (with a particular view to harnessing social media.) The Fundraising Director will be responsible for the implementation of this plan.
Objectives and Responsibilities Include:
- Create a fund development plan, in collaboration with the Board of Directors and Executive Director, which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Implement the fund development plan with some assistance from staff.
- Develop and implement corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities.
- Create and implement a membership development plan that includes social media.
- Monitor, and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that all fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Plan and execute special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan.
- Prepare regular reports which track metrics, contact and prospect interaction as well as budgets, receipts and expenditures related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities.
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization.
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization, including working to ensure that all donors are recognized, appreciated, and celebrated.
- Undertake additional and occasional special projects as requested by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Skills
A certificate in Fundraising Management is an asset.
Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be committed to the core values and mission of CCLA.
- Networking experience and capacity.
- Knowledge of fundraising management.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities.
- Knowledge of special events planning and management.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. French an asset.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications.
4 to 7 years of fundraising experience.
Commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and letter of interest to: email@example.com with the subject line: “Application for Development and Fundraising Director”.
Position may be flexible – e.g. 4 days a week.