Posted On: 2017-11-13
Closing On: 2017-12-13
Location: Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Alumni Engagement Officer is a key member of the team that supports the aims and objectives of Niagara College by identifying opportunities to engage, and strengthen the College’s relationships, with alumni.
The incumbent works to build strong working relationships with college administration and faculty, recognizing the existing effort and attention given within each department to enrich the experience of students, both prior and beyond graduation. The primary focus is the fostering of relationships between Niagara College and its alumni and presenting opportunities for meaningful continual engagement that results in alumni having a lifelong relationship with the college.
Position Duties included but are not limited to
- Develop, implement and coordinate the overall alumni engagement strategy in conjunction with the Director of Development
- Work with college faculty and staff to identify meaningful alumni engagement activities that offer professional and personal opportunities and services to graduates
- Initiate connections and establish relationships to recruit alumni to participate in, and coordinate, manage and evaluate the alumni engagement opportunities
- Coordinate the Alumni Council by identifying potential members, assisting with recruitment of new members, and writing member profiles; plan, co-ordinate and attend meetings, and coordinate related presentations or speakers
- Lead philanthropic fundraising efforts with alumni by conducting research to evaluate alumni as prospective donors and developing customized strategies for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of alumni identified as donors/prospective donors
- Coordinate, develop and manage alumni communications
- Monitor and maintain 80,000+ alumni records in the Raiser's Edge database through ongoing updates and regular data cleansing of alumni records
- 3 year diploma or degree in relevant field of study such as public relations or communications, fundraising, business, or a combination of experience and education
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive career experience in alumni engagement, philanthropy and/or fundraising
- Proven experience developing and managing stakeholder relationships: exceptional networking, listening and negotiating skills, and the ability to build trust and elicit confidence with alumni, prospects, donors and staff
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills including public relations, marketing, social media, writing, editing, and presentation
- Advanced knowledge of alumni engagement strategies and tactics
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Familiarity with desktop publishing, web tools and Raisers Edge fundraising software, a definite asset
- CFRE designation is an asset
- Some irregular work hours and traveling required
A Job Fact Sheet is available for review in Human Resources during the posting period.
If selected for an interview, candidates must present proof of education (ie: original transcripts/credentials). Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services (http://www.wes.org/ca/).
We thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Consultant.