Trillium Health Partners was formed in 2011 through the merger of the Credit Valley Hospital and Trillium Health Centre (Mississauga Hospital and Queensway Health Centre). With more than 1.6 million patient visits annually and over 11,500 staff, doctors, and volunteers, Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest hospitals in the country. Our three hospital sites, Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, and Queensway Health Centre, are responsible for the entire city of Mississauga. In addition, we serve the residents of Oakville, Peel Region, and West Toronto. Our hospital offers the full range of services (including the regional centres for Cancer Care, Cardiac, Stroke & Neurosciences and Paediatrics) and ranks amongst the highest in Ontario.
Trillium Health Partners Foundation is dedicated to raising the critical funds needed to address the highest priority needs of Trillium Health Partners; Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital and Queensway Health Centre. Our mission is to inspire and partner with our community to invest in how health care is delivered in this region. It is a mission deeply rooted in Trillium Health Partners’ strategic plan which is focused on creating a new kind of health care for a healthier community.
Our history is extraordinary, built from the 2013 amalgamation of two exceptional foundations: Trillium Health Centre Foundation and The Credit Valley Hospital Foundation – each of which has a significant legacy of strong community support and leadership. It is because of this support that Trillium Health Partners has become a Canadian leader in patient care.
Raising more than $38.6 million last year, THPF strategically drives success as one of the highest performing hospital foundations in the country. Our organization is positioned for growth, and has increased our revenue generating capacity each year since our amalgamation. The Foundation consists of 34 professionals and support staff across a variety of departments, including philanthropy, strategy & community engagement including marketing, donor relations, annual giving and events, and corporate services. This interconnected team works in collaboration toward the goals of a comprehensive campaign encompassing the work of our entire organization.
We are now in the planning stages of a large-scale comprehensive campaign that will include local share of a significant hospital expansion at two of our sites (as announced in the 2017 provincial budget); fund research, innovation & education; and generate funds for all 13 clinical areas in support of the Hospital’s strategic priorities. Our campaign will comprise our entire organization’s operations serving as a public face of our fundraising priorities and creating a sense of urgency for our community.
Trillium Health Partners Foundation is in the planning stages of a landmark, transformational campaign to expand our hospital and help build a new kind of health care for generations to come. We are seeking a Coordinator, Prospect Research to join our team and support the success of our comprehensive $300 million + campaign.
THE POSITION – OVERVIEW
This position reports directly to the Manager, Prospect Development & Research and will provide direct support for major gift cultivation initiatives and secondary support to other development initiatives within the Foundation.
In supporting prospect research, the Coordinator will work with the Manager to proactively identify prospective donors who have financial capacity and philanthropic interests and prepare qualification and prospect research snapshots that provide a clear picture to enable movement of prospective donors through the development stages toward solicitation of a gift.
- Assist with the identification and qualification of new prospects for the Foundation
- Research and evaluate prospects for financial ability, willingness to give, philanthropic interests, and connection to the hospital and the Foundation
- Interpret findings from research activities and prepare prospect research profiles for the Philanthropy team
- Enter qualification research and research profiles, proactively update and maintain information on prospects and donors within the donor database
- Assist with maintaining the prospect management system in the donor database
- Track local and national news as it relates to the Foundation’s constituents, as well as economic and philanthropic trends more generally through recurring media resource scans and alerts
- Assist other teams as needed with their research needs, e.g. sponsorship, event bios
- 1-3 years’ experience in a fundraising environment
- Understanding of prospect research and development
- Creative, inquisitive, resourceful, strategic thinker with the ability to work with ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Knowledge of the range of resources available to prospect researchers and the ability to apply those resources
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial disclosure documents for the purposes of wealth assessment
- Understanding of fundraising practices and procedures specifically as related to large comprehensive campaigns
- Exhibit a high level of maturity and aptitude for working in a fast-paced environment; demonstrate ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented and focused on quality; strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Donor/Client database experience – the Raiser’s Edge
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- University or other post-secondary education is preferred
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector an asset, but not required
- Willingness to work flexible hours. Some after-hours work will be required
- Work will take place across the multiple sites of Trillium Health Partners and Trillium Health Partners Foundation
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle preferred
- Please submit your cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com by Tuesday, November 28th, 2017.
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.