Posted On: 2017-11-14
Closing On: 2017-11-30
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Contract
12-month, full-time contract with opportunity for renewal
Make-A-Wish® Canada is a dynamic wish-granting organization that brings hope, strength and joy to children aged 3 to 17 with life-threatening medical conditions. Along with the national office, eight (8) regional chapters grant magical wishes to children in need from coast-to-coast. Make-A-Wish Canada is an affiliate of Make-A-Wish® International. Make-A-Wish is the largest wish-granting organization in the world, making dreams and wishes come true for more than 415,000 children since inception in 1980. Make-A-Wish is currently growing its fund development team and is seeking an innovative fund raiser to engage corporations to support our magical mission utilizing strong corporate development practices to manage prospects, cultivate relationships and solicit and secure corporate support.
The primary role of the Manager, Corporate Fund Development is to work with the Corporate Alliances team to:
- secure new cash and in-kind alliances to support the mission
- manage and grow key accounts
- Identify, research and close leads with new corporate opportunities.
1. Revenue Development
- Support renewal and growth of key accounts
- Work with team to identify and secure new corporate alliance opportunities for corporate philanthropic gifts, sponsorship, employee giving programs and cause marketing, including:
- deck development
- sales strategy, execution & closing.
Liaise with Chapter personnel to identify and investigate new corporate leads
Support prospecting strategies and development, including the creation of prospecting tools, for National and Chapters’ use.
2. Relationship Management
- Work with internal stakeholders (i.e. National and Chapter offices) and corporate client to develop alliance/program deliverables
- Develop account management plans for each corporate alliance
- Internal/external liaison for alliance activation
- Jointly leads National/Local Corporate Cabinet to secure new alliances to support Make-A-Wish. Responsibilities include identify and securing new members, supporting them throughout their term and leading in-person meetings.
- Deliver superior client service.
3. Strategic and Business Planning
- Evaluate program performance and help develop yearly business reviews, budgets and strategic directions.
4. Administrative Responsibilities
- Develop agreements for new alliances and renewals outlining deliverables/key accountabilities/reporting
- Work with key internal stakeholders to ensure approval of agreements, banking and invoicing of funds, stewardship and any creative reviews or approvals
- Ensure the accurate and timely data management including call reports, data entry of moves management and creation of proper files in CRM
- Other duties as assigned.
5. Key Challenges
- Coordination and facilitation between national, regional, and local opportunities
- Managing internal capacity to deliver on deliverables
- Development of an integrated corporate approach to the corporate marketplace.
6. Key Qualifications
Success in sales and business development
Self-motivated and focused on achieving superior service
- Strong organizational (i.e. multi-task) and time management skills
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Strong analytic abilities to support planning, execution, evaluation and delivery of corporate programs
Ability to network, influence and build strong relationships
Proactive management of challenges and identifying solutions
Follow procedures, policies and protocols and strives to increase efficiency
Eager to learn, grow and develop into a seasoned business development professional.
7. Other Requirements
- University education and 5+ years successful sales and account management experience with a focus on the corporate sector;
- Working knowledge of fundraising and charitable giving;
- Proficient PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Proven data management and analysis skills;
- Exceptional relationship building management knowledge;
- Exceptional solicitation, presentation and proposal writing skills;
- Flexible and dynamic;
- As well, the candidate must have a valid driving license and the use of a personal car.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, indicating your salary expectations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes November 30, 2017.