Posted On: 2017-11-15
Closing On: 2017-12-21
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
This position plays a key role in the raising of funds through event activities that support Wellspring’s Toronto centres. Reporting to the Associate Director of Events, this person will be responsible for Wellspring’s sponsorship and fundraising activities, including special and third party events that benefit the Toronto centres.
Wellspring is a network of cancer support centres that provide a comprehensive range of support and coping skills programs to men, women, and children who are living with cancer. Professionally-led programs are provided to patients and their loved ones at no charge, and Wellspring relies almost entirely on donations and event revenue in order to operate its centres in the Greater Toronto Area. This position is based out of Wellspring’s Downtown Toronto Centre currently and will be moving to Wellspring Westerkirk House, on the campus of the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the Wellspring Peloton Challenge, which is an annual bike ride to southern US destinations and support the Associate Director of Events in the planning, development, budgeting, management and growth of fundraising event activity for Wellspring in Toronto.
- Secure and steward event donors and sponsors
- Support volunteer event committees in their fundraising efforts
- Serve as the relationship manager for third-party event providers
- Prepare fundraising marketing pieces, including sponsorship packages, brochures/invitations, e-blasts, and work with the Communications team to produce the final products
- Ensure that all event-related data in Toronto is appropriately captured in Raiser’s Edge or other platforms as required
- A degree from a post-secondary institution or a diploma in a related field (e.g. fundraising, volunteer management)
- 5 or more years’ fundraising experience, including event management
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Dynamic self-starter who takes initiative, works well on their own and is an excellent team player
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure
- Demonstrated professionalism, sound judgement and a mature demeanor
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
This position requires some flexibility in working hours, with the expectation of additional working hours during peak event periods, including some weekends and evenings.
Please send cover letter and CV with “Events Manager, Toronto” in the subject line to:
Eva Thurlow at email@example.com