Sunnybrook is a premier academic health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Today, with 1.2 million patient visits each year, Sunnybrook has established itself across three campuses and is home to Canada's largest trauma centre.
Sunnybrook Foundation exists to raise awareness and funds required to ensure that Sunnybrook achieves its mission.
Our five strategic areas of focus are:
•Heart and vascular
•High risk maternal and newborn
•Image guided brain therapies
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is inventing the future of health care with a focus on trauma, cardiac, stroke, high-risk pregnancy and newborns, cancer, and brain sciences. Sunnybrook Foundation exists to raise awareness and the funds required to ensure that Sunnybrook achieves its mission.
The Fund Reporting Manager contributes to the achievement of the Foundation’s goals through leading the monitoring and reporting of endowment and restricted operating fund activity to Hospital program areas and appropriate Foundation staff.
- Gain a solid knowledge of the various hospital programs for which the Foundation fundraises and the purpose of endowment and restricted operating funds maintained by the Foundation.
- Maintain and distribute reports of fund balances, donations details, and fund disbursements.
- Along with the VP, Finance, participate in dialogue and regular meetings with program chiefs.
- Facilitate the flow of funds to the Hospital in accordance with the fund terms of reference, ensuring appropriate supporting documentation and authorizations.
- Process disbursement applications forms and scans all back up for disbursements to be stored electronically.
- Responds to Foundation and Hospital staff’s inquiries related to endowment and restricted operating funds.
- Update endowment statements for the annual endowment payout, prepare journal entry to transfer annual payout to restricted operating accounts, and update endowment statements periodically during the fiscal year.
- Update endowment fund reports on a periodic basis and distribute statements to Foundation and Hospital stakeholders.
- Maintain the fund sub-ledger and assist with monthly reconciliations of fund balances to the overall Foundation financial statements.
- Ensures that donations are recorded in the correct fund and prepare and enter inter-fund transfers when necessary.
- On a regular basis, provide fund balance and purpose reports to fund beneficiaries, including Program Chiefs, Physicians and Program Directors.
- Provide reports to Hospital stakeholders on fundraising event monies raised by the Foundation.
- Monitors and takes action on negative fund balances.
- Make contact with other areas of the Hospital that the Foundation does not currently provide fund reports to.
- Works with VP, Finance and Advancement Team to continually respond to the needs of stakeholders.
- Contributes to the ongoing development and implementation of the Foundation’s Finance and Accounting Policies and Procedures and monitor activities to ensure compliance with these policies and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of year-end audit working papers and respond to questions from the auditors.
- Monitor and review new accounting policies and best practices in the sector with respect to Financial Reporting and maintaining restricted fund balances.
- Support other areas of the finance team when assistance is required to meet the overall finance team’s goals and objectives.
Skills and abilities required:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates self-confidence, flexibility, initiative, perseverance and integrity
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to anticipate and exceed stakeholder expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to relate with different levels of stakeholders, interpreting complex information and ideas to a varied audience
- Professional presence with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The ideal candidate will bring to this position experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Minimum 3-year college diploma or university degree in accounting or business administration or related accounting or business experience.
- Minimum 5 years relevant accounting experience, with exposure to accounting procedures and internal controls, and the tracking of restricted or designated donations in an automated database environment
- Experience in leading teams and managing staff
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge (or similar CRM database) and Financial Edge would be considered an asset.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office software including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is essential.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to FoundationHR@sunnybrook.ca by December 8, 2017. Please indicate “Fund Reporting Manager” in the subject line. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.