Plan International Canada
Director, Youth Engagement
Toronto (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton)
Are you passionate about equal rights for all children and equality for girls? Can you see yourself being an integral member of a team that works towards transforming lives in developing countries? Are you confident that you can provide guidance and support for a team of skilled professionals implementing youth engagement initiatives?
Are you passionate about empowering young people to drive positive social change here in Canada and abroad? Are you an experienced in leading national fundraising and awareness activities? Have you had success with youth focused initiatives? Are you a trusted Project Manager/Fundraiser with a collaborative working style and an ability to engage with diverse internal stakeholders adding value to organizational excellence and encouraging creative problem solving?
Why a career with Plan?
A career with Plan International Canada offers individuals a meaningful experience that drives professional development and a rewarding opportunity to use their skills and talents to help make a difference in promoting child rights to end child poverty. Are you ready for an opportunity to join one of the largest International NGOs in the world, creator of the award winning “Because I am a Girl” global movement, working to end gender inequality and promote girls’ rights? Are you excited about playing an important role in determining the future of millions of children and families globally?
Employees at Plan International Canada’s National Office strive to make a difference in the lives of children and their families through sustainable, child-focused community development.
Joining our dynamic team of experts and specialists can change your life too!
Our unique culture fosters a supportive, flexible workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a diverse, dynamic, high-performing team, each Plan employee is driven to learn, valued for their contribution and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We are proud of our award winning corporate culture validated by our Canadian Nonprofit Employer of Choice award for 2015 and 2016 and Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures since 2012.
Join our high performing team and change your career…change the world!
Founded in 1937, Plan International is one of the world’s oldest and largest international development agencies, working in partnership with millions of people around the world to end global poverty. Not for profit, independent and inclusive of all faiths and cultures, Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Because I am a Girl is Plan International’s global movement to transform power relations so that girls everywhere can learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Plan Canada’s Toronto and Ottawa-based offices undertake fundraising, donor engagement and public outreach initiatives that support programs that are implemented in more than 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. Plan has a dedicated staff of over 200 employees whose role is to support quality programming in the areas of health, education, water and sanitation, economic security, gender equity, child protection and participation, and humanitarian assistance.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca.
The Manager, Youth Engagement is an integral member of the Youth Engagement team and will have an opportunity to influence and execute part the team’s strategy to Ignite the Movement as part of our overall organizational strategy: 20 Million Reasons.
Working collaboratively with a dynamic and youthful team you will be responsible for leading a team of two that’s focused on global education programming and schools-based fundraising initiatives.
We are looking for a candidate who is able to develop, build and implement a successful acquisition and stewardship strategy and oversee budgets, forecasts and financial reports. Our successful candidate will be experienced with mass market fundraising specializing in working with youth. Building and managing positive professional relationships and partnerships with School Boards are critical factors for success.
What does success looks like?
- Develop, implement and oversee acquisition and stewardship strategy for youth-based fundraising to grow revenue and donor base
- Redesign signature school fundraising program for step-change revenue growth
- Develop and streamline systems team can use to work more effectively, track progress, showcase impact
- Work collaboratively with various groups to ensure successful fundraising initiatives
- Confident public speaker who has the ability to inspire and motivate giving and getting involved
- Actively solicit, maintain and grow partnerships to support philanthropic initiatives led by youth
- Lead a team of professional fundraisers in a way that develops talent and motivates results
- Strengthen and enhance linkages with other youth networks in Canada by networking with key stakeholders, including relevant ministries and other NGOs as appropriate
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- An aptitude for budget management to meet revenue goals
- A proven track record in fundraising $1M+ in revenue
- Business acumen and the ability to influence others by fostering strong business relationships
- A demonstrated understanding of project management
- A flexible and adaptable work style; open to collaboration with strong personalities and professionals; thrive in a fast-paced evolving work culture
- A passion for fundraising and mission driven work and personal values aligned with those of Plan International Canada’s corporate values
How to apply:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your CV and covering letter, outlining your skills, experience and salary expectations to email@example.com by December 1, 2017. Please reference Manager, Youth Engagement in the subject line.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan