Posted On: 2017-11-28
Closing On: 2018-01-27
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: January 2, 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others. WE –Making doing good, doable.
WE is seeking a Fundraising Groups and Events Manager who is a natural relationship-builder to join the Donor Engagement Department. The incumbent will report directly to the Associate Director of Donor Engagement, acting as an ambassador for the organization. The individual will oversee fundraising and donor stewardship, be extremely detailed oriented, and have an affinity for fundraising coaching and event coordination, working closely with fundraising groups and events to ensure organizational priorities are achieved. A passion for planning, management, and execution of fundraising events, and various initiatives as required to achieve the organization’s mission is an asset.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto.
Donor Retention & Engagement – Fundraising Portfolio:
- Manage general donor inquiries, specifically regarding fundraising groups and events, maintaining a high standard of donor satisfaction through prompt and effective problem-solving
- Retain existing donor relationships through ongoing reporting and engagement
- Handle incoming potential accounts and fundraising groups, and build new donor network through prospecting at WE Charity events
- Conduct research and build understanding of donors within your portfolio
- Work to upsell donors, providing opportunities at higher giving levels where appropriate
Honouring & Stewardship:
- Prepare donor updates and detailed reports, connecting them to the programs and projects they have supported
- Organize donor engagement events to further engage donors and/or prospects
- Coordinate donor thank you’s and other honouring activities as needed
Event Support and Operations:
- Lead the organization and execution of third-party events and fundraisers hosted by stakeholders, including in-person attendance and public speaking
- Ensure client satisfaction through responsiveness to inquiries, with prompt and effective problem-solving
- Support in honoring donors and maintaining communications, including via organized mailings
What you bring:
- Post-secondary education
- 1-3 years professional work experience in a fundraising/events role, or related field
- Excellent administrative, communication and inter-personal skills
- Proficiency with project management and process development
- Strong professional writing skills (i.e. correspondence and reports)
- Proven ability to take initiative and remain solution driven
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Positive and energetic
- Affinity for public speaking, with willingness to develop skill set
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a larger team
- Experience working with basic word processing and financial software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, SalesForce)
- Valid driver’s license an asset
What makes us unique…
WE is a family of organizations making doing good, doable. WE Charity empowers domestic and international change. ME to WE is a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity. And WE Day fills stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables youth and families to better the world – supporting 2,500+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of service, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of dollars that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, our teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the movement today at WE.org
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.