Posted On: 2017-11-28
Closing On: 2017-12-28
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
JDRF is seeking an experienced and collaborative fundraising leader, with demonstrated success in managing large national peer-to-peer fundraising programs, to fill the position of National Director, Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Program for JDRF Canada. The National Director will develop and lead JDRF’s overall peer-to-peer fundraising strategy with a primary goal of growing overall net revenue through peer-to-peer fundraising.
Based out of our National Support Office, and reporting to the Vice President, Marketing & Development, the National Director will provide national strategic fundraising direction for the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes, the JDRF Revolution Ride to Defeat Diabetes and Third Party fundraising programs.
The National Director’s key accountabilities would include:
- Achieving the annual national revenue budget for Ride and Walk programs by engaging volunteers and staff across Canada; developing and overseeing national Ride and Walk expense budgets
- Developing, managing and implementing the annual fundraising strategies for Ride and Walk programs that include key performance indicators, standards, best practices and budgets
- Leading the research, development and evaluation of innovative online and offline peer-to-peer fundraising strategies to maximize revenue, including introducing new fundraising elements to events, investigating ways to use technology in event fundraising and ensuring online fundraising software is aligned with the overall peer-to-peer strategy
- Leading and supporting the National Ride and Walk volunteer cabinets through recruitment, engagement and alignment of the cabinet to JDRF’s goals
- In partnership with the National Director, Corporate Partnerships, leading the development of national corporate key account and new business strategies to maximize engagement of corporate employees in JDRF events; cultivating sponsorships, optimizing activation, and ensuring all sponsor recognition and benefits are adhered to
- Collaborating with regional leaders to identify key areas of fundraising growth in each market and providing support to regional teams to encourage perseverance, innovation and entrepreneurship; developing and executing all program training for the field fundraising staff nationally in collaboration with regional leaders; actively participating in and supporting the activities of the Senior Management Team
- For each event site, analyzing and providing annual recommendations to maximize the growth of all revenue streams, including sponsorship, pledged revenue from family teams and corporate teams, corporate donations and matches; routinely reviewing and analyzing revenue reports and proactively making mid-campaign recommendations to mitigate variances
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Our ideal National Director will have the following qualifications:
- University degree in a related field
- 8 – 10 years of progressive not-for-profit experience, including experience in a leadership capacity
- 3 – 5 years managing peer-to-peer programs with a strong understanding of best practices in peer-to-peer fundraising
- Experience managing revenue targets of at least $5 million
- Experience in event management with an emphasis on strategic communications, problem solving and team building
- Knowledge and skill in fundraising management with a proven track record of fundraising success in corporate development, donor development and event management
- Experience working with senior volunteer leaders
- Collaborative in nature, with the ability to lead and influence staff and volunteer teams and create a culture of accountability
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and analytically, but also able to focus on the finer details
- Strong presentation, communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work within tight timelines and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office applications; experience with a CRM
- Flexibility to travel occasionally (15%)
Ready to make an impact? Submit your resume and cover letter for consideration today via our jobs portal! Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are recieved.
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.