Posted On: 2017-11-30
Closing On: 2017-12-30
Location: Richmond Hill, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $125 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation has embarked on a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a full-time Senior Major Gifts Officer.
The Senior Major Gifts Officer reporting to the Director, Campaigns will be responsible for proactively managing a pipeline of prospective donors in all stages of the development cycle. Working closely with senior volunteers, the Campaign and Major Gifts teams and colleagues at Mackenzie Health and the Foundation, you will develop and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies that will provide prospective donors with meaningful opportunities to impact the cause at Mackenzie Health.
The Senior Major Gifts Officer will possess a passion for philanthropy, a strong understanding of donor relationship management, professionalism, excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, and a proven track record of closing transformational and leadership gifts.
- Develop and implement strategies that identify, engage, cultivate, solicit and steward a pipeline of corporate, foundation and individuals of prospective donors in all stages of the development cycle.
- Provides leadership to the Campaign Committees and works with volunteers to cultivate, solicit and steward major gift prospects and donors.
- Designs and implements identification and qualification strategies for a group of prospects and creates donor cultivation & solicitation opportunities to further major gift development.
- Develop into the Foundation internal expert and maintain up-to-date knowledge of planned giving vehicles to ensure cultivation of planned giving prospects and maximize opportunities presented for gift commitments. Lead and execute planned giving marketing initiatives.
- Plan, develop and manage the medical staff and specialty appeals for Mackenzie Health by engaging and recruiting lead volunteers as solicitors and ambassadors and organize and implement campaign events.
- Provides support for the President and CEO, Director, Campaign and senior staff in order to maximize the number of prospects in the pipeline and relationships that can be developed for the organization.
- Consulting with others involved with a prospect, determine the appropriate time for solicitation. Ensuring volunteers are properly briefed and prepared in advance of any contacts being made. Participate in solicitation calls as appropriate.
- Partners or “buddies” with designated volunteer canvassers to execute prospect solicitation strategies.
- Prepare compelling and strategic major gift materials including briefing notes, tailored proposals, correspondence and gift agreements.
- Cultivate strong professional relationships with clinical, administrative and medical staff at Mackenzie Health and act as a Foundation liaison for interactions with hospital departments where appropriate.
- Participates in prospect clearance and review sessions with Campaign team to ensure there is no simultaneous engagement of the same prospects.
- Maintain accurate records in Raiser’s Edge, including meeting notes, moves/action items and reports.
- Participate in budget development and monitor metrics in relation to the portfolio.
- Maintain a high degree of motivation, teamwork and superior work ethic consistent with the employment philosophy of the Foundation.
- Participate actively as a member of an integrated development team.
- Perform cross-functional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years of fundraising experience at a senior level.
- University/College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, CFRE designation encouraged.
- Demonstrated experience closing large gifts.
- Extremely effective interpersonal skills with a professional presence and manner, and capable of exercising independent judgment, initiative and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, works proactively, and manages competing priorities in a complex environment.
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills and exacting attention to detail.
- Superb critical and analytical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively and persuasively and present to diverse groups.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Office software applications and demonstrated knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, preferred.
- A flexible team player able to collaborate with and inspire colleagues and senior volunteers.
- Knowledge of Mackenzie Health’s catchment area is an asset.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume, to:
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.