Posted On: 2017-12-04
Closing On: 2017-12-29
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Employment Type: Part-Time
Fundraising Manager – Individual Giving
The Etobicoke Humane Society requires a Volunteer Fundraising Manager – Individual Giving.
The Fundraising Manager – Individual Giving is responsible for planning and implementing activities to maximize opportunities for individuals to contribute to the EHS Mission.
This position will have 3 direct reports.
The time commitment for this volunteer position is 5 hours per week. Ability to be on-premise at the shelter one hour per week may be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- With support from the Manager, Donor Stewardship:
- Develop and implement stewardship strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major individual donors.
- Develop strategies to increase EHS memberships.
- Develop strategies to encourage legacy gift giving.
- Develop acknowledgment and recognition procedures for individual and major gifts.
- Organize a team effort to develop stewardship plans for donors at various recognition levels within the major gift program.
- Develop best practices for stewardship planning & operation.
- As needed, plan, manage and execute meetings and events that advance donor involvement, cultivation and stewardship for major gifts.
- Work with executives, fundraising team, and marketing team to ensure consistency among various stewardship materials.
- Oversee the Manager, Proprietary Events, in planning community events to encourage community support of the Etobicoke Humane Society.
- Guide the Fundraising Coordinator in day-to-day activities.
Personal/ Professional characteristics
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collegial, collaborative style.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques relevant to major gift fundraising.
- Knowledge of individual donor needs and perceptions.
- Good decision-making skills, tactful, good listener, willingness to search out answers, ability. to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions.
- Creativity, curiosity, sense of humour, high energy level, and an enthusiasm for meeting and working with a wide range of individuals.
- College diploma/ University degree.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in fundraising or an equivalent client-focused environment.
- Prior experience with donor databases and prospect tracking systems.
- Prior experience with cultivation and recognition events.
- Prior experience working in a staff capacity for volunteers and executives.
Please visit us at: www.etobicokehumanesociety.com
Please respond to: email@example.com