Position: Corporate Partnerships Specialist
Reports to: Director of Development
Location: Provincial Office – 18 Wynford Drive, Toronto
Effective Date: Immediately
About The Lung Association:
The Lung Association is dedicated to helping all Canadians breathe. Our community of donors, patients, researchers, volunteers and professional staff are dedicated to ensuring Canadians have the healthy lungs, body, and clean air, which are vital to healthy breathing.
We want to ensure that no one takes their breathing for granted, and strive for better breathing for all.
This is an opportunity to join a team at an exciting point in time – an opportunity to build on your experience, grow your skills, and make a true difference in the lives of all those that struggle to breathe.
To view our latest Annual Report: https://breathe-annual-report.floating-point.com
Reporting to the Director of Development, and working in close collaboration with the Vice President, Marketing, Development and Public Affairs, the Corporate Partnerships Specialist contributes to the achievement of our mission by stewarding relationships with, and growing support from, current corporate partners and in soliciting and securing support from new partners to attain the annual workplan and fundraising goals.
You’re a dynamic fundraiser that is a relationship manager at heart -- someone who believes in the power of giving, and who is inspired by working with donors and partners in helping them realize their goals and dreams.
- Soliciting and securing support from current and new corporate partners.
- Supports the Director of Development and Vice President, Marketing, Development and Public Affairs in stewardship and relationship management, including liaising via email, telephone and in person with key corporate stakeholders.
- Monitors external markets to identify new partnership and business development opportunities; conducts research on new corporate account prospects and program opportunities.
- Prepares proposals and presentations for potential corporate partners.
- Coordinates meetings and participates as assigned.
- National account support – including cause marketing, national program sponsorship, and national foundations.
- Maintains current knowledge of corporate giving trends through networking and research.
- Gathers data and information on approved programs and activities from Provincial Programs, Finance, Marketing, and Public Affairs staff as needed to facilitate proposal development.
- Updates and maintains information on corporate prospects, sponsors and supporters on the Raisers’ Edge database; provides standard and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Maintains a list of sponsor recognition commitments and ensures the timeliness of recognition; prepares recognition letters, invitations and awards, etc. as required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned from time to time by the Director of Development and the Vice President, Marketing, Development and Public Affairs.
- University degree or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years experience in fundraising or marketing
- Proven track record of exceeding personal and team fundraising goals
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the capacity to communicate at all levels with confidence and a customer service orientation
- Exceptional networking ability
- Solutions-focused, with the ability to think creatively
- Detail-oriented with strong project management, analytical and organizational skills with problem solving abilities
- Understanding of the corporate, philanthropic and sponsorship environments
- Knowledge of the health sector an asset
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple assignments and projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong technical skills including experience with fundraising database applications (knowledge of Raisers Edge is an asset) and Microsoft Office
- Willingness to work outside of regular business hours and travel as necessary
To apply, please go to our website at www.lungontario.ca/our-purpose/careers