Associate Director, Gift & Estate Planning
The Oakville Hospital Foundation is seeking an experienced leader who will work as part of the team to raises funds for Halton Healthcare’s three hospital sites, Oakville, Milton and Georgetown.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Associate Director, Gift & Estate Planning will provide overall leadership and management for the Foundation’s gift planning strategies and activities designed to engage, cultivate, solicit and acknowledge donors of estate and planned gifts. They will lead strategy development and create an integrated program to maximize current and future donor contributions and support the structuring of complex current gifts.
The Associate Director will be an internal champion for the development of a greater literacy for Foundation staff about planned giving vehicles, opportunities and strategies that can be integrated into other programs, while building relationships and acting as a strong advocate for the importance of philanthropic support for the Oakville, Milton and Georgetown hospitals. The Associate Director will develop and lead strategies to engage advisory professionals throughout the Halton region and beyond by providing value-added opportunities for them and their clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assists with identifying prospective donors of planned gifts from among existing supporters and community contacts
- Independently sets strategy for cultivating planned gifts from among identified prospects
- Solicits bequest expectancies, life insurance, charitable gift annuities
- Ensures the effective engagement of senior hospital leaders and Board members in the fundraising program and their involvement in appropriate cultivation and solicitation activities
- Engages professional advisors who work with affluent individuals in the community
- Suggests improvements to policies, procedures and systems of the Halton Healthcare Foundation programs, to ensure the overall effectiveness of the organization
- Works with Foundations communications to ensure the availability of relevant, current Gift Planning marketing materials, including print, web-site, social media, e-marketing tools and software to ensure effective messaging of Gift Planning program objectives, donor stories and impact of giving and Foundations brand consistency
- Pursues professional development and continuing education opportunities as well as seeking informal opportunities to expand professional knowledge through consultation with peers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; an equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered
- Minimum 5 years progressive development experience with a successful track record in securing planned gifts
- Established, outstanding and respected reputation within communities of practice
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated effectiveness in relationship building and working with peers
- Proven sound judgment, integrity and strategic vision
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to influence others positively, through effective interpersonal skills
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, we will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We are a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.