We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced fundraiser with a passion to support patients and families through education, supportive services and research. Reporting to the CEO, the Regional Director will implement Lymphoma Canada’s existing events and educational forums as well as develop new fundraising opportunities through grants, corporate development third-party events and the cultivation of individual donors.
Fundraising and Community Engagement
- Meet fundraising goals for the area office including the overall goal and program goals for each key community based fund -raising program
- Develop and execute strategies to strengthen business/community relationships to support fundraising opportunities
- Develop strategies for plans to grow community presence and reach through fundraising and health promotion initiatives
- Ensure the area office develops a strong volunteer structure to support the effective delivery of community activities
- Provide leadership to various committees
- Recruit, orient, support and develop an appropriate mix of volunteers
Operations, Business Planning and Budget Management
- Lead the development and management of area office implementation plans and financial outlooks and budgets
- Develop and implement strategies for growing revenue and community presence through fundraising and volunteer development initiatives
- Identify and analyze potential and opportunities for growth through effective business and strategic analysis
- Strong accountability for results – taking action and ownership to address obstacles and overcome barriers, identifying possible options and alternatives and delivering results within tight timelines
The Regional Director is responsible for all Lymphoma Canada’s operations in the region. This includes providing support to staff and volunteers whose primary role is to engage the community through fundraising, advocacy on behalf of persons living with lymphoma, and executing educational forums and webinars.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Fundraising event management: Signature event (Toronto) and golf tournament (GTA)
- Implementation of Annual Plan Develop and maintain relationships with top fundraisers and donors, leadership volunteers, community agencies, corporations and organizations:
- Community engagement for fundraising, core program delivery, social action, public awareness
- Work collaboratively and in alignment with national and provincial staff to achieve objectives while ensuring adherence to nationwide strategic frameworks, plans and the organization’s values
- Budget management
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Attract, motivate, train and work collaboratively with volunteers/committees.
- Work collaboratively with regional team members, the national office team and volunteers to leverage expertise and optimize bottom line revenue potential.
- Seek out new opportunities and best practices to grow donations/revenues and enhance event experience.
- Maintain a high degree of respect, integrity, excellence and innovation.
Qualifications & Experience
University degree with minimum five (5) years related experience, derived from a non-profit, public sector, community agency and/or health-related discipline preferably in a management position with proven track record in:
- Fundraising (events, campaigns, leadership, donor cultivation and segmentation)
- Peer-to-Peer events
- Operations and budget management
- Excellent communications skills
- Volunteer engagement experience
- Requires a valid G class driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required along with limited travel
Skills & Abilities
- Organized, dependable, creative, visionary
- Relationship-builder with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to perform positively under pressure
- Creative thinker
To apply for this position send a cover letter along with your resume to Shilpa Mikund at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.