Posted On: 2018-01-02
Closing On: 2018-02-02
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
As one of Canada’s pre-eminent patient care, research and academic health science centre’s, and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers, Sinai Health System has a well-earned reputation for excellence in the community, across Canada and internationally.
Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support patient care, world-leading research and innovative education at Mount Sinai Hospital and the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute by developing collaborative, long-term relationships across the community. The generous support of donors fuels hospital initiatives, care and innovation, that improves the quality of life for our patients, and advancing medical sciences globally.
The Stewardship & Donor Relations (SDR) Coordinator provides support to the SDR team whose function it is to retain donors for follow-up giving by communicating openly, frequently, and honestly about the impact of their current giving and by enhancing the Foundation’s relationships with them after their initial gifts.
Reporting to the Executive Lead of Stewardship of Donors Relations, this position will be part of a dynamic team and will play an important role in building on Sinai Health System’s rich history and deeply valued culture of philanthropy.
The Stewardship & Donor Relations Coordinator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the SDR team in coordinating the stewardship report program including maintaining list of upcoming reports and working with Advancement Directors, SDR Officer, SDR Writer(s), and hospital/LTRI clinicians/researchers to facilitate the writing and reviewing process
- Assist the SDR team in coordinating the events and experiential stewardship program for donors at various levels, in collaboration with the rest of the SDR team and the Advancement Directors
- Prepares and customizes cover letters for Hospital leadership or donors that are not assigned to Prospect Managers
- Coordinates donor stewardship meetings and tours and assists in compiling related documents
- Facilitates writing and mailing of all thank you letters assigned to development staff and prepares custom letters for signature by Foundation leadership, as needed
- Coordinates impact report mailings/distribution, in collaboration with SDR Development Officer
- Coordinates the preparation of mailing lists for events and for various stewardship communications, including Foundation newsletters and Annual Reports, in collaboration with Manager of Donor Recognition and SDR Development Officer
- Ensures all of the Department’s actions are up to date in Raiser’s Edge and related filing is complete
- Maintains the donor matrix of activities and updates all related policies, guidelines and standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a three (3) year college diploma in a relevant field from an accredited educational institution.
- Successful completion of a University degree in a relevant field from an accredited educational institution preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience preferably within a large dynamic not-for-profit environment, exposure to a fundraising environment an asset.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate in a tactful and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar database preferred.
- Respectful and service oriented to donors, volunteers, and peer foundation and hospital staff
- Demonstrated ability to attend to details; exceptional follow-through as demonstrated through effective project management experience.
- Works well in a diverse team environment with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of donor stewardship fundamentals preferred.
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history.
The successful applicant will be an employee of the Sinai Health Foundation, not Sinai Health System.
Please follow the link to apply: https://sinaihealthsystem-mountsinai.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/287
Salary: To Be Determined
Open Date: January 2, 2018
Posting Deadline: February 2, 2018
Please apply online at TBD or submit a current resume and an "Application for Job Posting" form to Human Resources, Room 301 by 4:00 p.m. of the posting deadline date.
All employees will follow safe work practices and comply with the roles and responsibilities that are outlined with respect to health and safety policies, procedures and training at Mount Sinai Hospital. In accordance with Hospital policy and legislated health and safety requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials, completion of a health review, and demonstrating proof of immunity and vaccination status of vaccine-preventable diseases.
Mount Sinai Hospital is a scent sensitive environment and all members of the community are expected to refrain from wearing or using scented products while visiting or working at the Hospital. We also support a barrier-free workplace supported by the Hospital’s accessibility plan, accommodation and disability management policies and procedures. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800 ext. 7050 or email HiringProcessAccommodation@mtsinai.on.ca.