Posted On: 2018-01-02
Closing On: 2018-01-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you an influential communicator? Someone who enjoys building lasting relationships? Seeking to make a difference in the not-for-profit world and in people’s lives? Do you want to work for an amazing cause at a successful national charity? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Cystic Fibrosis Canada (CFC) is a national charitable not-for-profit corporation established in 1960, and is one of the world’s top three charitable organizations committed to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis (CF). As an internationally recognized leader in funding innovation and clinical care, we invest more in life-saving CF research and care than any other non-governmental agency in Canada.
As the Regional Executive Director – Southern Ontario you will provide leadership in fundraising and volunteer engagement, support volunteers, partners and other key stakeholders from the chapters located within Southern Ontario. In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Executive Director, Growth Strategy and Operations – Ontario.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 7 years of progressive fundraising experience in senior leadership positions;
- A CFRE designation would be an advantage;
- Exceptional relationship building experience with senior volunteers and business leaders demonstrated through the ability to build trust through diplomacy;
- Proven strong leadership and management skills to coach, mentor and inspire a staff and volunteer team to achieve organizational goals;
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, stewarding and securing major and planned gifts, and sponsorships at $25,000+;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Confident public speaker with the ability to engage donors, volunteers and community organizations;
- Highly motivated, self-starter;
- Team player, resourceful and organized;
- Able to multi-task in a variety of contexts;
- Strong human resources and mentorship experience;
- Strong administration and computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, database).
- Accountable for the aggregate fundraising revenue goal for all chapters within Southern Ontario;
- Directs all fundraising activities including national events major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, partnerships, and third-party events while continuing to assess their sustainability and long-term support;
- Work closely with the regional chapter leadership volunteers to build relationships with donors and to design and execute strategic cultivation and solicitation plans for prospects;
- Build strong relationships with all major donors and partners, including Kin Canada and national and local sponsors;
- Provide leadership and oversight for all regional staff and provides effective support for local and national CFC volunteers, maintaining a positive rapport with all community stakeholders;
- Work closely with the Volunteer Advisory Council to engage, recruit and retain leadership chapter volunteers within the region;
- Take an active role in the engagement, development and in the recruitment of volunteers by working in partnership with volunteer agencies and community partners;
- Develop a network of professional and community supporters from within all chapters in Southern Ontario;
- Provide leadership in strategic planning, operational planning, establishing annual budgets and targets and the development of new fundraising initiatives and strategies;
- Support, evaluate and manage performance of regional staff and responsible for recruiting, orientating, and developing staff.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Regional Executive Director – Southern Ontario” in your subject line, and include your salary expectations.
*Note: All job postings will be open a minimum 5 business days from the date of posting.
While, we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
For additional information on our values (Excellence, Accountability, Caring & Teamwork), Cystic Fibrosis Canada and the courageous fight being waged against this disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca.