The ShareLife and Development Office of the Archdiocese of Toronto is seeking a full time Coordinator, International Programs and Special Events who will oversee the administration and logistical functions of some events related to the ShareLife and Development Office and the Archdiocese of Toronto. The Coordinator will also be responsible for the administration of the international programs supported by ShareLife and the archdiocese. The successful candidate will report to the Director of ShareLife and Development.
- Oversee the administration of the Mission Co-operative Program, including liaising with parishes, Dioceses, and Religious Orders to ensure the success of the program.
- Follow-up on enquiries related to the program, including remittance of funds and timing of speaker presentations.
- Administer the Pastoral Mission Fund, including processing applications and supporting the Committee responsible for determining allocations.
- Oversee the administration of the annual Cardinal’s Dinner, including liaising with the Chair, registration of participants, preparation of all correspondence related to the Dinner, follow-up with suppliers and location contacts and event wrap up activities.
- Co-ordination of events related to the ShareLife campaign and the Development Office, including campaign kick-off activities, workshops and information events. Responsible for all logistics and follow-up related to the success of these events.
- Two years of college education or equivalent.
- One to two years’ experience with event management and execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills; ability to prioritize multiple projects on an on-going basis.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of parish and Archdiocesan structures an asset.
- Availability to work weekends and evenings, as may be required for special events.
- A criminal background check will be required of the successful applicant.
Those wishing to be considered should submit their resume and cover letter in MS Word or PDF format, noting position number 2018-01 to: email@example.com. Deadline for receipt of applications is January 15, 2018. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Archdiocese of Toronto provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If contacted for an interview, applicants should make any accommodation needs known at that time.