Posted On: 2018-01-08
Closing On: 2018-02-08
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of more than 300,000 Canadians living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), then we are the organization for you! As a Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) employee, you will join a global leader in the search for an end to T1D. At JDRF, we realize that a cure is not just a destination but a journey. Our goal is to progressively remove the impact of T1D from people’s lives. JDRF is the largest charitable supporter of T1D research working towards treating, preventing and eventually curing T1D.
JDRF is seeking a collaborative Prospect Researcher to work with JDRF’s Donor Relations team to build relationships and raise funds to achieve JDRF’s mission of accelerating life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. The Prospect Researcher will research prospect’s history with the organization, motivations for philanthropy and recommend strategies for solicitations in partnership with fundraising staff.
The Prospect Researcher’s key accountabilities would include:
- Collaborate with the Donor Relations team to support the major gifts program including identifying prospects and assisting in the development of cultivation plans of individuals, corporations and foundations
- Use a broad spectrum of resources to research, organize, and evaluate a prospect’s financial capacity, ability to give, willingness to give, charitable interests, and connection to the organization
- Produce in-depth, well-written reports on prospects based on data from databases, available financial records, real estate ownership, and other markers of high quality donors
- Identify influencers
- Write prospect briefings to be used by fundraising staff
- Work closely with National and Regional teams to ensure account record management processes and strategies are in place for all accounts to enhance JDRF revenue goals
- Track all constituent relationship activity, profiles, research information and account management in JDRF’s CRM
- Collaborate with the Donor Relations team to support senior volunteers and campaign cabinet members in growing revenue from individuals, corporations and foundations
- Provide general support to donor relations team and work on special projects as needed
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? Our ideal Prospect Researcher will have the following qualifications:
- College/university degree in fundraising management or related discipline and 2-4 years related experience with fundraising programs, including major gift fundraising
- Experience doing extensive research during academic career; bilingual research ability is an asset
- Experience in a non-profit environment; previous experience in a national organization is an asset
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion when working with confidential donor information
- Ability to investigate, analyze, and synthesize large quantities of data into a user-friendly and concise format for the use of fundraising staff
- Demonstrated ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and to proactively seek solutions and make recommendations to issues as they arise
- Service-oriented with the ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and CRM systems or similar databases
Ready to make an impact? Submit your application for consideration today!
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. A request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.