MCC Toronto is looking for an experienced campaign director to lead a $5 million fundraising campaign.
MCC Toronto has long been at the forefront of shaping Canada’s values of human rights, diversity and inclusion, as well as freedom of religion, advocating for progressive change, improving Toronto and Canada, and healing the world. Despite a history of exclusion, thanks to MCC Toronto, the LGBTQ+ community now knows what inclusion and legal protection looks and feels like. Because of MCC Toronto, people no longer have to choose between their religion and their sexuality. MCC Toronto is well positioned, well respected, and committed to continuing to be a prominent voice, a leader, and an effective advocate of social justice and human rights here in Toronto, in Canada, and around the world.
An Exciting Time Of Transition And Growth. This year Rev. Dr. Brent Hawkes retires as Senior Pastor, after a long and distinguished career of setting firsts and being a respected global leader. MCC Toronto is positioning itself to tackle the big issues for the next 40 years, with Rev. Jeff Rock as Senior Pastor, and Rev. Dr. Brent Hawkes as Senior Pastor Emeritus. This is the perfect time to launch MCC Toronto’s first major fundraising campaign.
The successful candidate has campaign management experience and will be responsible for the leadership and overall management of a $5 million fundraising campaign according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. The Campaign Director will work closely with the Campaign Communications Consultants, Executive Staff and senior volunteers.
Reports to: Executive Director and works closely with the Co-Chairs, Campaign Cabinet.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop an overall strategic plan for an integrated campaign, setting goals and timeline for campaign.
- Create prospect pipeline and manage prospect database and prospect research.
- Work collaboratively with the Campaign Cabinet, internal fundraiser, external communications firm and campaign volunteers to ensure a workplan is created and achieved.
- Coordinate all aspects of the prospect giving cycle: identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Manage campaign volunteers, recruit new volunteers.
- Plan campaign parlour meetings or special events as necessary.
- Participate in the cultivation and solicitation of prospects and campaign leadership.
- Prepare, write and edit fundraising proposals as required.
- Work with the Communications consultant to create all campaign materials including kit packages, social media campaign materials, presentation materials and pr materials.
- Ensure all gift agreements and recognition opportunities are fulfilled.
- Manage the maintenance of the campaign database including production of financial campaign. reports and staff assignment reports and tracking of pledges through database management.
- Provide monthly detailed updates to the Campaign Cabinet for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Mentor the annual giving staff and other MCC Toronto staff to ensure MCC Toronto maintains an ongoing successfully integrated and robust fundraising program.
- Work with MCC Toronto staff to coordinate the campaign activity calendar with other fundraising activities
- Develop positive relationships with major donors who are campaign prospects and provide stewardship to the donor cultivation process.
- Develop and implement strategies to identify and incorporate new donors in the campaign to enlarge the donor base.
Qualifications and competencies:
- BA Degree
- Minimum 5 years fundraising campaign leadership experience either as staff or volunteer
- Demonstrated success persuading and influencing groups and individuals to support the organization’s agenda with respect to colleagues, team members, volunteer leadership and other potential stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success leading and managing other professionals, support staff and volunteers to achieve short and long term professional goals and competencies individually and as members of a team.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success personally soliciting both significant major gifts and mid-level gifts.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present at public platforms.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively and cooperatively with others, other departments within the organization and with other organizations and entities.
This is a contract position for a minimum of 1 year, renewable as campaign results are achieved. Salary range $90,000 - $120,000 commensurate with experience and negotiated work arrangements. Part-time hours will be considered as well as flexible work location. The position is open and ready to be filled immediately.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put "campaign director" in the subject line.
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.