Posted On: 2018-01-09
Closing On: 2018-01-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: March 1, 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Database Associate
Start date: 01 March 2018
Application deadline: 31 January 2018
The Private Sector Partnership (PSP) Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Canada, Toronto, is recruiting a Senior Database Associate on full time basis.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join UNHCR, one of only two organizations to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize on two occassions (1954 and 1981). UNHCR helps to save, protect and rebuild the lives of millions of people forced to flee their homes due to violence, conflict and persecution.
Specific areas of responsibilities and requirements of this position are as follows,
Duties and Responsibilities
- Database Marketing
- Manage the weekly import and export of data files for all direct mail and digital programs including pull data files for ongoing direct mail, telemarketing and email campaigns.
- In conjunction with Fundraising Associates, work with external database vendor to maintain Raiser’s Edge database – develop and document protocols and procedures; create best practices and improvements for the database.
- Provide strategic recommendations for database segmentation in direct marketing channels.
- Manage donor record updates, data clean-up, and data integrity.
- Generate global action updates for donor records.
- Actively participate in strategy meetings to support UNHCR’s fundraising activity.
- Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Support the development of all fundraising activities and in raising $12.6 million in 2018.
- Ensure accuracy in all data related analysis and reporting.
- Provide requested data report, analysis and/or data file in a timely manner and in accordance to set timelines of the appeal/campaign.
- Provide meaningful data insights based on analysis on fundraising appeals and campaigns.
- Provide bi-weekly status report to direct manager.
- Reporting & Administration
- Design and generate a report that measures the donor attrition of the monthly donor segment.
- Generate queries and reports as needed from Raisers Edge, especially as related to campaign performance, and report back to the team on results.
- Support team with the management of data requests and data pulls for the quarterly report cycle and budgeting process.
- Assist with weekly revenue tracking and monthly earmarking reports.
- Provide Raiser’s Edge training to new staff where needed.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Information Technology or Business from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience in data services.
- 4-6 years’ experience with data management and analysis at a charity or not-for-profit.
- At least 2 years’ experience with Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce (or similar databases).
- Working knowledge of report development and Crystal Reports.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work confidently under pressure to deadlines.
- Strong customer service approach.
- Maintains a positive attitude – is outgoing and cheerful with donor interactions.
- Ability to work with confidential information with discretion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including MS Word, Excel and Power point
- Excellent command of English language
- The candidate should either be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
Salary for this position will be according to established UN Salary Scales for Canada.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your fact sheet or P11 together with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CANTO/VN/PSP/01–Senior Database Associate” in the subject line.
Please note that the receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE