SickKids Foundation is looking for a dynamic fundraiser and business development professional to create, manage and grow our proactive community event programs. The Manager position will help increase SickKids Foundation’s profile through the development and execution of new and compelling Community Event fundraising programs that deepen donor engagement, cultivate new donors, partnerships and fundraising opportunities.
The Manager will become part of a passionate, dedicated team of professionals collaborating to deliver best in class donor experiences and achieve transformational growth in fundraising. This position reports directly to the Director, Community Events.
The incumbent performs these responsibilities while ensuring integration of our core values for employees and volunteers, in order to support the achievement of organizational goals and objectives to further our mission and vision.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop, design and execute compelling fundraising programs including: Personal Challenge & Peer to Peer Fundraising Events and manage our new young professional program, SickKids Activators
- Design and implement a recruitment strategy for SickKids Activators and the Personal Challenge & Peer to Peer program
- Develop new programs and refine existing programs to increase engagement, donor acquisition, participation and revenue within the Community Events portfolio
- Design and develop collateral to support these programs for use by donors to amplify and elevate the donor experience with SickKids Foundation, as well as, expand audience reach
- Create policies and procedures for the effective and efficient delivery of these Community Event programs
- Provide functional and technical leadership and mentorship to the team
- Serves as subject matter expert to team and management
- Design and deliver staff training sessions on new programs
- Develop and facilitate effective working relationships with team members
- Responsible for achieving annual financial targets (revenue and expense) for assigned segment
- Participate in team and cross-functional projects as assigned
- Act as Community Events team leader by leading by example and exemplifying SickKids Foundation Values;
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- University or College Degree (fundraising diploma an asset)
- 5-7 years’ experience with a focus in fundraising, marketing, sales or development of fundraising programs
- Demonstrated exceptional Fundraising and Relationship Management Skills
- The ability to think strategically and work independently to enhance new initiatives or existing programs
- Blackbaud products, Raiser's Edge, Convio/Team Raiser, Artez or other online fundraising platforms experience and understanding of systems
- Canada Revenue Agency Receipting Guidelines
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Superior verbal and written skills
- Relationship Building Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Display good judgement and decision-making skills and strategic thinking
To apply, please visit our website.