Reporting to the Director, Community Events the Manager, Community Event Fundraising will have primary responsibility for raising funds through Corporate Third Party Events in support of the internationally respected Hospital for Sick Children. In fulfilment of this role, the Manager will build and manage productive relationships with Corporate Fundraisers that wish to fulfil their commitment to SickKids via Events.
The incumbent will be expected to cultivate and steward existing Corporate Third Party Events and develop relationships with new events to ensure growth of the portfolio. As the Manager, Community Event Fundraising you will manage your own portfolio of with a revenue goal between $2-3M.
The incumbent performs these responsibilities while ensuring integration of our core values for employees and volunteers, in order to support the achievement of organizational goals and objectives to further our mission and vision.
Specific duties include:
- Initiate, maintain and grow relationships with Corporate Event Organizers or other charitable partners;
- Provide enhanced relationship management and strategic thinking to extend and grow fundraising efforts for Corporate Event Fundraisers;
- Develop donor retention and migration strategies for Corporate Event Fundraisers to generate maximum fundraising for SickKids Foundation;
- Develop compelling proposals, in collaboration with the Corporate Partnerships Team, to drive holistic/multi-channel giving and long-term gift agreements to secure annual commitment to SickKids Foundation;
- Identify and migrate Corporate Third Party Event sponsors to the Corporate Partnerships Team to engage in direct support of SickKids to grow the prospect pipeline for SickKids Foundation;
- Support the Corporate Partnerships Team with existing Corporate Events (i.e. Bank Event Fundraising , Children’s Miracle Network Partners, etc.) to provide additional event support and expertise;
- Play a key role in working with volunteers, colleagues, and researchers to identify donor prospects; develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for those donor prospects;
- Cultivate effective relationships within the hospital to support program alignment, proposal development, volunteer opportunities, donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Work closely with the appropriate Foundation teams with regard to gift administration, public affairs, research, proposal development, recognition and stewardship;
- Track donor activity in donor database (KYDS);
- Lead by example and exemplify SickKids Foundation Values
The successful applicant must possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher, with a focus in fundraising, marketing, sales or other applicable disciplines;
- Exceptional Fundraising and Relationship Management Skills with minimum 5 years of direct fundraising experience;
- The ability to think strategically and work independently to enhance new initiatives or existing programs;
- Experience working with Third Party Events and/or Corporations an asset;
- Knowledge of Blackbaud products, Raiser's Edge, Convio/Team Raiser, Artez or other online fundraising platforms experience and understanding of systems;
- Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency Receipting Guidelines;
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office);
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills;
- Superior verbal and written skills;
- Leadership Skills;
- Display good judgement and decision-making skills
To apply, please visit our website.