Posted On: 2018-01-11
Closing On: 2018-01-30
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ve'ahavta is a charitable social service organization, guided by the Jewish, and universal, principles to “love your neighbour as you love yourself”, and "to repair the world." Ve’ahavta is dedicated to promoting positive change in the lives of people of all faiths who are marginalized by poverty. It delivers programs that break down barriers, restore human dignity, foster capacity-building, and empower marginalized individuals to break the cycle of poverty and create real change in their lives.
The Senior Development Associate will have an opportunity to showcase their fundraising abilities and express creativity, while further honing their solicitation skills. Ve'ahavta's Development Department has increased annual funding by 40% in the past three years. This is a great time join this remarkable team in a key leadership role as the agency moves forward under the leadership of a new Executive Director and embarks on new activities and programs.
This position works closely with a dynamic team of professionals as well as community leaders and volunteers and reports directly to a seasoned CFRE designated Development Director.
- Manage a portfolio of donors in the $1,000 to $5,000 range through all stages of the donor cycle.
- Ensure appropriate donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
- Serve as lead staff for the annual Starry Nights gala and smaller events such as a major gifts cultivation event and an annual Poker Tournament.
- Develop and implement a robust monthly giving program.
- Play a leading role in the development of social enterprise opportunities, such as Art for Charity, MYTORONTO sales, and cause marketing.
- Work closely with volunteer leadership and staff key volunteer committees focused on specific fundraising events.
- Prepare a variety of queries and campaign reports to assist in the work of the department.
- Prepare and coordinate fundraising materials such as proposals, briefing notes, presentations, articles, thank you letters, and other documents.
- Proactively conduct research to identify potential donors and keep donor information accurate and up to date.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years full-time work experience, preferably in a fundraising capacity in a non-profit setting - other work experience may be considered
- BA preferred or degree in fundraising with some educational background in development, business, social work, sales or related fields
- Experience in staffing volunteer committees and community development with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce or other CRM database
- Social media and marketing skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- High energy and outgoing personality
- Knowledge of the GTA Jewish community is an asset
- AFP membership and working towards CFRE certification is desirable
Frequent travel within GTA will be required. Candidate must be prepared to work a flexible schedule that will include some evenings and weekends. Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record with access to a vehicle.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Application Deadline: January 30, 2018 or until position is filled.
Ve'ahavta is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those invited for an interview.