Posted On: 2018-01-11
Closing On: 2018-02-02
Location: London, ON
Effective: As Soon As Possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you a natural relationship builder?
Would you like to work for a company that supports a family-friendly work environment?
Do you like to know that your work will make a difference to children and youth?
If so, we invite you to submit your application to join Let’s Talk Science – Canada’s leading national, charitable organization that engages youth in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) – and become the newest member of our growing team.
Senior Development Officer
The Senior Development Officer will be dedicated to the advancement of Let’s Talk Science (LTS) and is a professional in the field who understands both philanthropy and sponsorship, strategic and tactical levels of fundraising. You thrive having a pool of prospects and donors you develop and can demonstrate success in major gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations. You possess excellent interpersonal skills, can speak and write persuasively and are motivated by goals. Essential to success in this role will be the ability to engage, cultivate and solicit prospects and match their interests with Let’s Talk Science national and regional funding priorities.
- A post-secondary degree in a communications, fund development, business discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 5 years in a staff fundraising role with a record of success in major gift solicitation
- CFRE designation an asset
- Knowledge of the national business community, corporate social responsibility practices
- High level of proficiency with: Raiser’s Edge, research tools, Microsoft Office 2010
- Experience fundraising in the charitable sector or education institutions
- Bilingual (English-French) an asset
- Flexibility to work outside regular hours and use personal vehicle
- Willingness to travel for meetings as appropriate
This is a full-time 3 year renewable contract, which includes benefits and is located in either our London, Ontario or Calgary, Alberta LTS office.
A full position description can be downloaded from our website at: http://www.letstalkscience.ca/About-Us/Careers
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter, including salary expectation and quoting “Senior Development Officer” as outlined below. The position will remain open until filled; however, applications are encouraged by 11:59 p.m. on February 2nd, 2018 to:
Coordinator, Human Resources, Let’s Talk Science
1510 Woodcock Street, Unit 12 London, ON N6H 5S1
Or via email: email@example.com (please submit all documents in one pdf file)
FAX: (519) 474-4085
Let’s Talk Science is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. If you have a disability that requires accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Coordinator, Human Resources listed above. Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.