Posted On: 2018-01-11
Closing On: 2018-01-31
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: Feb 1, 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Integrated Fund Development Manager
Status and Hours: Permanent, Full-time - Standard hours with occasional evenings and weekends as required
Reports to: Senior Manager, Marketing
Department: Fund Development
Location: Toronto Office
Habitat for Humanity Greater Toronto Area (GTA) is a non-profit housing organization that mobilizes volunteers and community partners to work with families to help them build a brighter future and break the cycle of poverty through affordable homeownership. Habitat GTA also operates a retail enterprise called ReStore, which sells new and gently-used home furnishing and renovation materials at great prices. ReStore proceeds support our mission to help working, low-income families build a brighter future through affordable home ownership. ReStore operates 10 locations across the GTA.
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Reports to and works closely with the Senior Manager, Marketing to plan, manage, budget, evaluate and expand all broad-based annual giving revenue programs and initiatives aimed at engaging and securing individual donors below $5,000 with the ultimate goal of moving these donors toward leadership, major and planned gifts.
- Works closely with special event, donor services and marketing/communications staff to renew existing donors, re-engage lapsed donors and acquire to new donors to reach annual broad-based individual giving goals.
- Develops and manages a leadership giving program for gifts $1,000 - $5,000. Achieves annual fundraising goals for leadership program.
- Works with data management/analysis and prospect research to identify and qualify potential leadership giving donors ($1,000 to $4,999) as well as cultivates and solicits those individuals in keeping with Habitat for Humanity, GTA’s priorities and fundraising strategies.
- Ensures the successful execution of comprehensive annual giving programs (personal solicitation, direct response, monthly giving, tele-fundraising, e-philanthropy, staff/board campaigns, workplace giving programs, matching gifts, etc.) for donors below $5k.
- Ensures successful execution of fundraising and stewardship strategies, programs to maximize revenues and timely tax receipting and donor acknowledgement activities for donors below $5,000.
- Creates gift clubs and other stewardship/recognition strategies and tactics to encourage increased giving to support HFH GTA programs.
- Works with and manages data, mailing houses and other vendors that support all broad-based individual giving programs.
- Works with various departments to develop and implement required Luminate Online (Team Raiser, etc.) and Online Express pages, emails, forms, surveys, etc.
- Manages and coordinates e-philanthropy strategies including online donation forms, eblast appeals, web and newsletter copy, and third party agents such as CanadaHelps and work place giving programs.
- Produces reports, analyzes results, recommends changes as required to maximize annual and long term broad-based giving program revenues.
- Benchmarks results and prepares reports for the Senior Manager, Marketing and other HFH GTA leaders; keeps current with best practices and giving trends and develops strategies to take advantage of new opportunities to grow effectiveness and efficiency of programs.
- Assists the Senior Manager, Integrated Fund Development with the development of annual and long range work plans and strategies to increase private sector revenues.
Donor Stewardship and Administration (25%)
- Works closely with Fund Development and Marketing/Communications staff to develop an integrated, multi-channel communications plan designed to enhance and support HFH GTA’s individual giving program success.
- Ensures the successful data management between various HFH GTA systems and the data integrity of individuals’ data to support growth in individual giving programs.
- Plans and delivers initiatives and programs to ensure the highest level of service and stewardship for existing and new donors below $5,000.
- Oversees the individual donor stewardship cycle by ensuring donations are acknowledged in a timely and personal manner with receipts, correspondence, phone calls and other communications for all individual donors. Arranges as necessary, donor visits, meetings, events and tours of build sites.
- Ensures the accurate recording of all individual donor contacts and prospects in the Raiser’s Edge database and the maintenance of accurate electronic and hard copy files on all individual donors.
- Works with volunteers to support successful broad-based giving programs and provides volunteers with meaningful opportunities to work with Habitat GTA.
- Ensures 100% compliance with CRA regulations and AFP’s Donor Bill of Rights and Code of Ethical Principles and Standards.
- Works with the VP, Marketing and Senior Manager, Marketing to research and help plan the Department’s annual budget; monitors the Individual Giving budget ensuring budgets are not overspent and revenue goals are met.
- Researches and develops web-based revenue development options to ensure HFH GTA is at the cutting edge of interactive and other revenue development strategies and techniques.
- Provides support at fundraising events and for fundraising projects as required.
- Attends functions as appropriate to promote HFH GTA to donors and prospects.
- Promotes a collegial atmosphere within the Fund Development team, working collaboratively with all fundraising staff to help them and the department attain fundraising targets.
- Leads by example and works collaboratively across the organization to support organizational goals and achieve results.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Integrated Fund Development to increase HFH GTA’s individual giving programs fundraising capacity.
The duties may be amended from time to time.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience of demonstrated success in fundraising in the not-for-profit sector with a focus on broad-based individual giving programs (direct response/marketing, leadership giving, e-philanthropy, tribute, monthly giving, peer to peer, etc.) or similar experience in the private sector in a direct marketing role.
- Advanced experience working with Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online and Online Express. Including knowledge and hands on experience setting up and configuring Luminate Online (Team Raiser, email cultivation, e-commerce and social media marketing features, etc.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, deadlines and priorities. Strong analytical skills are a requirement.
- Working towards or having attained CFRE an asset.
- Team player that displays initiative.
- Highly computer literate and the ability to work effectively with fundraising software to drive results. RE experience is an asset.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekends.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to make a change in your local community and become a part of our team at Habitat for Humanity GTA, then submit your resume and cover letter towards the position. Please state your salary expectations in your cover letter.
All applications must be submitted to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. This posting will remain open until filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Internal candidates with the required skill-set are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Habitat for Humanity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.