Posted On: 2018-01-15
Closing On: 2018-02-15
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Foundation Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day administration, and donor relations and donation management of the Homes First Foundation (HFF).
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of performance and a strong knowledge of office management, fundraising, and CRMs. The Foundation Coordinator will contribute to the team’s fundraising efforts and focus on both building and maintaining relationships with our donors, Homes First Society staff and the Foundation Board.
Enthusiasm, exceptional interpersonal and strong accounting and organizational skills are required for this position in order to ensure the efficiencies of the Foundation’s administrative and business requirements maximize fund development opportunities and meet the organization’s current and future needs. The position requires a self-starter with excellent written and oral communication skills, well-developed administrative and computer skills and the ability to work as a collaborative, inclusive and ‘hands on’ team player.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for answering donor inquiries, processing donations and preparing tax receipts through the Raiser’s Edge database
- Oversees management of CRM, Raiser’s Edge database, trains other users, and ensures the integrity of all data input.
- Manages and inputs information into the donor database to ensure accuracy and timeliness of entries as it relates to financial matters; receipts, briefing notes, queries, monthly financial reports, in a timely manner; manages financial and donation enquiries from donors regarding the database
- Works closely with the bookkeeper on all matters pertaining to the financial business and processes for the Foundation
- Provide assistance in and ensures that related IT and other office needs are met
- Provide assistance in preparing materials for donor and board meetings
- With the Executive Director and Communications Coordinator, coordinates HFF Stewardship Program, including prospect research, donor cultivation events, solicitation of donors
- Identify, document and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective tracking of fundraising efforts, including donations, recognition and donor stewardship
- Assist in the creation of office processes which manage and track development activities
- Assist in researching donors, foundations and corporate prospects for fund development initiatives
- Assist as required with the preparation of foundation and corporate applications and proposals
- Assist in the the planning and management of fundraising events and stewardship
- Oversee maintenance of accurate financial/donor reports and monitor fundraising performance against plan/budget
- Monitor fund development trends and make recommendations re: fund revenue, processing and reporting.
- Under the direction of the Executive Director of the HFF Foundation, the Foundation Coordinator supports key operational administrative functions in the Foundation office.
- Provide assistance for preparing materials for board, donor and prospect meetings.
- Post-secondary degree from a university or college diploma in a related discipline
- A minimum of two years of experience in Blackbaud CRM systems(Raiser’s Edge preferred) accounting or related experience
- Specific accountabilities include: support of budgeting and forecasting; processing and tracking of payments and expenses; office coordination and oversight of business processes in terms of inventory tracking, and ensuring that IT related office needs are met.
- The first point of contact all visitors have with the Foundation office, with excellent customer service required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience office management and in donor relations, including special events and stewardship events
- Ability to work independently and on various tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability in relationship management and working with volunteer community
- Positive attitude; ability to take responsibility and be accountable; ability to deal with change in the workplace and be innovative; respect for others
- Must be highly motivated and energetic
- Good oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to speak to groups of people in a variety of settings
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and good judgement
- Demonstrated time-management, project management and organizational skills
- Flexibility with changing priorities and ability to remain focused to meet timelines
- Excellent computer skills: Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Raiser’s Edge NXT CRM or other fund raising CRM
- Develop strong supportive relationships with the ED, Board and staff
If you are interested in this opportunity please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Joy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: February 15, 2018
Homes First Foundation raises funds for the Homes First Society, which provides supportive housing in 17 properties in Toronto for the people who are considered to be the hardest-to house. In Homes First properties, residents receive a variety of supports that make it possible for residents to maintain housing and not find themselves back on the streets.