Position: Senior Coordinator, Development
Location: 55 Gordon St., Whitby, ON
Assignment: Full Time (1.0 FTE), 37.5 hours per week
Pay Range: $45,500 - $51,500 per annum, commensurate with experience and education. We also offer comprehensive benefits and access to our superb sport, fitness and recreational facilities
Start Date: March 2018
You Belong Here!
The relentless drive to enhance the quality of life and citizenship for people of all ages and abilities is a quality that everyone at Abilities Centre shares: employees, members, volunteers, and partners alike.
Our workplace is a fast-paced environment that demands we be collaborative, innovative, authentic, and accountable. We welcome people into our work environment in the same friendly, inclusive way we welcome our members. Abilities Centre is a workplace where you can learn, develop, be your true self, and have fun, all while realizing your fullest potential.
If you are positive, innovative, and inclusive, and want to gain valuable career experience at a place where everyone is welcome to get active, social, and creative, then we invite you to consider this exciting opportunity to join our team!
Reporting to the Director, Revenue Development, the Senior Coordinator, Development plays an integral role in supporting the Abilities Centre’s coordinated fundraising program.
The Senior Coordinator, Development provides comprehensive support of revenue development across all fundraising functions to enable the Abilities Centre to achieve its revenue goals while promoting a culture of philanthropy and a donor-centric mindset across the organization and its stakeholders.
This position includes supporting Abilities Centre in frontline fundraising initiatives (including cultivation and solicitation within major gift, sponsorship, and annual giving portfolios) as well as managing day-to-day development and stewardship activities such as database management, gift acknowledgment, receipting and donor recognition.
This is a role for a versatile, creative and flexible fundraising professional who is committed to philanthropy/revenue development and who is willing to support fundraising in a variety of contexts as required.
The Senior Coordinator, Development supports the Director, Revenue Development in achieving fundraising goals across the Abilities Centre’s comprehensive development portfolio (including major gifts and sponsorships, annual giving, special events, etc.). These responsibilities include the following:
The Senior Coordinator, Development a vital role in coordinating the overall stewardship function at Abilities Centre, to ensure that donors are thanked and recognized in a timely, consistent and appropriate fashion. These responsibilities include the following:
- Post-secondary related degree preferred with 3 to 5 years of experience in fundraising and philanthropy operations and donor services at a registered charity
- Track record of success in developing and executing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies
- Demonstrated proposal-writing experience to solicit funding from government granting agencies, corporate community relations offices, and private foundations
- Strong communication (oral and written), presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively and meet competing deadlines for internal and external partners through a customer-centric approach including attention and focus on detail, high organizational standards and quality work
- Demonstrated experience developing and building partnerships with community organizations and other relevant stakeholders
- The candidate should have computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, and preference will be given to candidates with database management skills
- Effective team player with positive attitude, whose interactions demonstrate accountability, authenticity, and collaboration
- Results-oriented, demonstrating great initiative, and contributes to a work environment that values and encourages innovation
Deadline to apply: February 22nd, 2018 at 5:00 PM
Do you have the all the right background plus the drive to improve lives by bringing people together to explore opportunities, discover passions, and fulfill aspirations? If so, apply now: You Belong Here.
To Apply: Please follow the hyperlink to https://abilitiescentre.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=53
Abilities Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; we welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. www.abilitiescentre.org/employment