Posted On: 2018-01-22
Closing On: 2018-02-16
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada
The Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada is Canada’s leading charity dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth in the child welfare system. With the support of generous corporate, foundation and individual donors, we have been helping children and youth reach their potential against all odds since 1979. Join us and help some of the most vulnerable kids in Canada overcome traumas of the past and rebuild stability, self-worth and a sense of life’s possibilities.
The Foundation is a dynamic and growing organization committed to the long term growth and stability of funding for child welfare programs across the country. Our staff members are a highly committed team of professionals who are dedicated to delivering excellence and maximizing the social value of donations and volunteer contributions to child welfare in Canada.
Purpose of the Position
The Development Coordinator plays a key role in providing coordination and support to the Development team staff. Reporting to the Director, Campaign & Major Gifts and working closely with all Development Officers, the Coordinator conducts research, prepares TY letters, and provides administrative support to the Campaign/Major Gifts/Corporate team, including Development staff and senior fundraising volunteers.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must be results oriented and have the demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize workflow. This is a fast paced, team environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines. The successful incumbent will be an active, relationship-oriented member of the team working collaboratively with all departments.
Prospect Research – 40%
- Complete research profiles on prospective donors and other organizations
- Maintain a prospect research online library of all completed profiles
- Manage all prospect research tools and processes for the organization
Major Gift team support – 50%
- Support the work of the Major Gift team and volunteers who serve on the Campaign Leadership Council
- Prepare and co-ordinate materials for major gift prospecting, cultivating and solicitation activities, as needed
- Working with the Development and Stewardship Officers, assist with donor stewardship activities, communications and events
- Manage the process and write all donor thank you letters
- Manage donor commitments and pledge reminders on behalf of the Development team
- Assist with developing and implementing plans to increase donations to the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada from individual donors and prospects.
- Ensure donor files (hard copy and in Raiser’s Edge) are maintained and updated accurately in a timely fashion.
- Assist with updates, printing and storage of the Foundation’s donor materials (campaign, funds, Planned Giving, etc.).
- Assist with identifying and tracking Planned Giving prospects and donors (i.e. in RE and storing documents).
- Assist with developing and implementing plans to increase donations to the Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada.
- Working closely with the Senior Manager, Finance & Data, complete regular RE data pulls pull required by the development team, ensuring data captured effectively and ensure lists are clean.
Other – 10%
- Coordinate cultivation/stewardship communications, events and Campaign meeting materials.
- Schedule, build agenda and facilitate bi-weekly Development team meetings.
- Serve as a CAFC liaison with vendors, volunteers, donors, prospective donors and partners, when required
- Act as CAFC ambassador at all Development and Foundation events
- Other duties as assigned
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent organization, initiative, planning and administrative skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong writing abilities
- Advanced skills in Raiser’s Edge or database management (data entry, data maintenance, query and database administration skills)
- Good skills in Outlook, MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint, email, calendar, and web browsers
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to produce high quality work, under specific timelines, with accuracy
- Comfort liaising and communicating professionally with a variety of constituents such as: office staff and volunteers, Board and Committee Members, and individual and major gift donors
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
Hours of work
- Regular office hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Vacation restrictions during busy periods.
- Local travel occasionally, during business hours.
- Relevant university degree/college diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant sales/fundraising/administrative experience; working in the charitable sector is an as asset.
- Post-secondary education in a related field and personal volunteer experience are assets.
- Competency in Raisers Edge.
Please forward a current resume, with covering letter in one single document, detailing how your qualifications match this opportunity, to email@example.com and include "Development Coordinator 2018" in the subject line of your email by Friday, February 2, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the work of Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada; but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.