Posted On: 2018-01-23
Closing On: 2018-02-15
Location: London, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Western continually strives to raise the bar to achieve excellence in all it does. Western’s Be Extraordinary campaign has been a catalyst to advance our leadership in teaching and build focused research strengths that will be internationally recognized. With the end of the Be Extraordinary campaign approaching, it is an exciting time to join the External Relations portfolio.
Advancement Operations supports and guides the External Relations Portfolio in the areas of constituent database and technology infrastructure, business analysis and reporting, gift and biographic records management, campaign reporting, prospect management and data analytics, project and fund management. In addition, Advancement Operations provides budget management and human resources services to the External Relations portfolio.
The Executive Director, Advancement Operations will provide strategic leadership for the design, implementation and management of the central advancement operations functions, and will oversee the infrastructure and central services necessary to promote and sustain university-wide and faculty-based fundraising, communication and alumni activities. In collaboration with the External Relations Senior Leadership team, the incumbent will play a vital role in the achievement of Western’s fundraising, alumni engagement and communication goals, by ensuring that systems, operational support, policies and procedures are in place to support the fundraising, alumni relations and communications functions at Western University.
To be successful in this role, you will leverage your innovation and critical thinking skills in the planning, implementation and execution of strategic and operational services, which will support the achievement of the portfolio’s strategic goals. You possess exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, with an ability to collaborate to meet common objectives, improve outcomes and support the work of all units within External Relations. You have strong project management skills and are seen as flexible, creative, strategic and pro-active, and come to work with a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Undergraduate Degree with a Masters of Business Administration or Chartered Professional Accountant Certification
- 10 years’ experience in a senior leadership role managing staff and projects, preferably in an academic institution
- Experience with strategic planning, implementation, and operationalization
- Experience in a fundraising role with exposure to all aspects of a large fundraising operation is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of financial budgeting and principles to develop financial models, forecasts and analysis
- Ambitious with the ability to identify opportunities, develop action plans and set challenging goals in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Possess an ability to develop strategies that are in line with the University's mission and which balance competing priorities
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference 11833, by midnight on February 15th, 2018.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.