Posted On: 2018-01-25
Closing On: 2018-02-25
Location: Aurora, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR – Full-time
2-240 Edward Street, Aurora
The Alzheimer Society of York Region (AS York) helps improve the quality of life for people diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. We provide supportive counselling and education opportunities to individuals and families living with dementia. AS York also provides respite to caregivers and social activities for persons diagnosed with cognitive impairment through our DAY Centres. A non-profit, community based agency, AS York offers programs and maintains offices across the Region of York.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Development Coordinator assists in reaching the annual Development Goal. The Development Coordinator applies a proactive and integrated approach to new fund development opportunities while establishing, maintaining and monitoring donor relationships and prospects new donors. Also, the Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director with major and planned gifts including identifying, cultivating, soliciting and closing major and deferred gifts from individuals, foundations, and organizations.
Donor Relations, Stewardship & Campaign:
- Prospect review, prospect clearance, and management of assigned prospects as required
- Develops, implements, and leads a donor relations program that strategically targets levels of giving as established by the Director of Philanthropy. Assists with stewardship reports, briefing notes, pledge forms, presentations, and establishes processes and procedures for associated campaigns.
- Works with Communications Coordinator to promote donor recognition in AS York communication materials.
- Works with Events Coordinator to assist with donor-related event details including providing contact information and donor recognition at specific events.
- Tracks, monitors and evaluates donor relations and stewardship activities by conducting trend analysis of sponsorship, gifts and donations using Blackbaud's eTapestry, iWAVE Pro, and public sources to enhance existing relationships and identify potential donors with the intention of increasing overall contributions.
- Responsible for the development, coordination, and writing of all funding proposals, grants, and reports, seeking input from senior staff as required, and completion in accordance with deadlines
- Develop a written plan for approval and implement/manage for Direct Marketing Campaigns (including direct mail, monthly giving, memoriam/tribute giving, online, and social media) to meet fundraising revenue goals.
- Prepare appeal packages
- Coordinate with Finance team and Communications Coordinator re printers, mail houses, supplies, etc. to ensure readiness for mailer
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in the not-for-profit sector, combined with a university degree, or related college program
- Proven success raising funds through annual giving programs
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with donors, volunteers and staff
- Understanding of and commitment to annual revenue goals
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and standards
- Strong writing and research skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Conduct
- Clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Ability to work independently/or as part of team
- High degree of accuracy, strong attention to detail
- Computer literacy: proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with a donation database (preferably Blackbaud’s eTapestry/Raiser’s Edge); Publisher; Constant Contact
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
Those interested in applying please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than February 25, 2018. Thank you to all candidates for your interest, however, only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at 905-726-3477. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.