Posted On: 2018-01-26
Closing On: 2018-02-16
Location: Victoria, BC
Effective: Jan. 26,2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY *
Join the growing Alumni & Development team at The University of Victoria as we expand to implement a five-year plan to grow our program from an average of $15 million per year to $25 million.
We are currently exploring new, exciting directions in Alumni & Development at UVic and have two openings for Development Officers: one Central Development Officer with a first assignment to the Faculty of Social Sciences and one Senior Development Officer to support the Faculty of Engineering.
UVic has been chosen as one of BC’s top employers and one of Canada’s best diversity employers. Together we are more than 5,000 dedicated faculty, librarians and staff supporting the University of Victoria’s diverse academic programs, world-class research and commitment to civic engagement.
Development & Alumni Relations is the division of the university responsible for creating strong relationships and building philanthropic commitment between the University of Victoria and its alumni and friends, promoting the UVic Edge, which is a combination of dynamic learning, vital impact and an extraordinary academic environment that can’t be found anywhere else.
The university's development team works in and with faculties and departments to identify opportunities where donors can be instrumental to enhancing the university's programs, research and student support. An opportunity is available for two fundraising professionals to join us in growing our Major Gifts program. Both the Central Development Officer and Senior Development Officer will have responsibility for projects aimed at building our major gifts, such as:
- soliciting donors and qualifying prospects,
- drafting and editing correspondence, case statements, proposals and other communication pieces; conducting research and undertaking stewardship activities;
- operations and project management;
- related administration, including maintaining and updating confidential files and information systems;
- some organization of special events; and
- liaising with Central Development regarding gift processing, terms of reference for awards, scholarships and bursaries and conducting prospective donor research.
To apply and for more information on both the Development Officer and Senior Development Officer opportunities, please go to the University of Victoria's careers site: https://uvic.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll