Posted On: 2018-01-30
Closing On: 2018-02-14
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
JOB POSTING # 816971
Position: Senior Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships
Site: Toronto Rehab University Centre
Department: Toronto Rehab Foundation
Reports to: Director, Development
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Permanent Full-time
A proud member of the University Health Network (UHN), Toronto Rehab Institute (TRI) is the country’s largest academic health sciences centre dedicated to adult rehabilitation and complex continuing care. We are also home to the #1 Rehabilitation Research Sciences Centre in the world. Across our five hospital sites, we work with patients affected by traumatic injury, illness and disease, by providing them with innovative rehabilitative treatments and strategies to overcome health barriers and prevent future health challenges. In research, our commitment is to advance health outcomes by developing innovative solutions and technologies to prevent injury, restore function, and enable independence to maximize life for all Canadians.
To ensure that our best proven care, research and technology are available to individuals worldwide, Toronto Rehab Foundation has embarked on a $100 million fundraising campaign, representing the largest and most transformative appeal in rehabilitation care in its history. This bold plan will support new programs, spaces and research agendas - building the platform for Toronto Rehab Institute's trajectory as a world leading institution.
Reporting directly to the Director of Development, the Senior Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships will play an instrumental role in successfully building the Corporate Partnership Program by securing new business and renewing existing partnerships through corporate philanthropy, foundations, sponsorship and cause-related marketing opportunities. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of performance and a strong knowledge of best practices in fundraising, particularly in the areas of corporate philanthropy, foundations, donor cultivation and stewardship.
Enthusiastic, resourceful, out of the box thinker and strong organizational and administration skills are required for this position in order to maximize fund development opportunities and to meet the organization’s current and future needs. The position requires a self-starter with excellent written and oral communication skills, well-developed computer skills and the ability to work as a collaborative, inclusive and ‘hands-on’ team player.
- Work with the Director of Development to develop and execute strategies to generate commitments from corporations and their foundations at the $50,000 to $1 million + range;
- Cultivate, solicit and close gifts to expand donor base and meet revenue objectives by fiscal year-end;
- Develop the necessary written materials to support the solicitation strategy including: proposals, impact reports, letters of inquiry, briefings etc.;
- Work closely with volunteers, hospital stakeholders (Medical Directors, Clinical Directors, Researchers, staff) to identify opportunities for investment;
- Support Corporate Volunteer Committee meetings with content preparation, prospect tracking/follow-up;
- Identify cross-functional funding opportunities i.e. third party event, cause marketing, and individual leadership and major gift partnerships;
- Manage activation of gift and work with Toronto Rehab Institute stakeholders ensure donor expectations are met including gift use, marketing and communication of commitment, and other related stewardship functions i.e. ribbon cutting ceremonies, e-news profile, impact reporting, etc.;
- Actively monitor progress towards financial goals for assigned prospects and donors, taking necessary action to meet and exceed targets.
- Information management and administration support as needed for Director and CEO;
- Acts as an ambassador for Toronto Rehab Foundation at internal/external functions;
- Attendance at Foundation events, and corporate industry functions;
- Administration - Raiser's Edge, Microsoft Office.
- University degree or equivalent experience;
- 4-6 years related experience in charitable sector and familiarity with corporate partnerships
- Solicitation, stewardship and project coordination experience;
- Sponsorship and/or retail partnership experience;
- Effective written and oral communications including the skills needed to present complex work in the most compelling and coherent fashion;
- A successful track record working as part of a team and collaborating with subject area specialists;
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable within a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with MS Office and database management; experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred;
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle preferred.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Flexibility with changing priorities and ability to remain focused to meet timelines;
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills;
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment; able to establish priorities, balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines under pressure;
- Cultural competence/humility: exceptional interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Maturity, tact and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Friendly and enthusiastic, displaying extremely professional interpersonal and communication skills.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posted Date: January 30, 2018 Closing Date: February 14, 2018
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Must Have Skills
- Fundraising/Sales at $50K+;
- Volunteer Management;
- Stewardship/Account Management;
- New Business Development;
- Communications - Writing and Presentation;
- Project Coordination/Management.
Nice To Have Skills
- Administration - Raiser's Edge, Excel, PPT.
To apply to this job, please click on the link below, fill out and submit the application form.
Click to apply