Posted On: 2018-02-01
Closing On: 2018-02-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Senior Development Officer will be responsible for developing, managing and executing the fundraising program for the Dr. Jay Children’s Grief Centre. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of performance and a strong knowledge of best practices in fundraising, particularly in the areas of foundation, grant and donor cultivation and stewardship.
Enthusiasm, exceptional interpersonal and strong organizational skills are required for this position in order to maximize fund development opportunities and to meet the organization’s current and future needs. The position requires a self-starter with excellent written and oral communication skills, well-developed computer skills and the ability to work as a collaborative, inclusive and ‘hands on’ team player.
· Develop an annual fund development plan designed to meet the strategic and financial goals of the DJCGC, including event project plans and critical paths
· Develop and manage DJCGC Stewardship Program, including prospect identification, donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors
· Identify, document and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure efficient, effective tracking of fundraising efforts, including donations, recognition and donor stewardship
· Assist in the creation of office processes which manage and track development activities
· Monitor and report on processes, development plan and DJCGC Stewardship Program
· Research donors, foundations and corporate prospects for fund development initiatives
· Coordinate preparation of foundation and corporate applications and proposals
· Coordinate the planning and management of fundraising events
· Oversee maintenance of accurate financial/donor reports and monitor fundraising performance against plan/budget
· Monitor fund development trends and make recommendations re: fund revenue, processing and reporting.
· Engage, manage and develop DJCGC Fundraising Committee
· Develop a culture of fundraising amongst all the Board, staff, volunteers and clients
· Minimum 5 years experience in fundraising
· Post-secondary education in fundraising, marketing, event planning
· A solid understanding of the not-for profit field
· Ability to work independently and on various tasks simultaneously
· Demonstrated experience in overseeing tasks of others and to work with others on a job to achieve the best results
· Demonstrated ability in relationship management and working with volunteer community
· Positive attitude; ability to take responsibility and be accountable; ability to deal with change in the workplace and be innovative; respect for others
· Must be highly motivated and energetic
· Good oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
· Ability to speak to groups of people in a variety of settings
· Demonstrated experience in problem solving and good judgement
· Demonstrated time-management, project management and organizational skills
· Flexibility with changing priorities and ability to remain focused to meet timelines
· Excellent computer skills: Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
· Develop strong supportive relationships with the ED, Board and staff
· Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
The Dr. Jay Children's Grief Centre views diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence as vital guiding principles in all of our work with clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from visible minority group members, Aboriginal persons, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities and others who may contribute to the diversity of the Centre and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Please submit a resume AND cover letter to Alice Tringham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any accommodations due to disability please reach out to Alice and she will work with you in strictest confidence to make appropriate arrangements, via email (email@example.com) or by phone (416-360-1111 Ext. 208).