Posted On: 2018-02-02
Closing On: 2018-02-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Development Coordinator, Retention
CAMH is Canada’s largest hospital specializing in mental illness and addictions, and one of the world’s leading academic health science centres in the field. By delivering leading-edge treatment, driving research, creating knowledge and advocating nationally, CAMH seeks to inspire a movement for change to ensure any person living with mental illness is restored to fullness of life.
CAMH Foundation is charged with raising and stewarding funds that will enable CAMH to achieve its aspirations and helping to fuel the movement for change.
The Development Coordinator, Retention supports the execution of a variety of activities relating to the retention of annual (monthly and one-time) donors, across a variety of channels, including direct mail, telephone , online and in-person to build the groundswell of support for CAMH Foundation and contributing to the total annual fundraising goals.
- Execute a variety of activities relating to the retention of annual and monthly donors, across a variety of channels, including direct mail, telephone, email and in-person .
- Work with customer service (CSR) team, ensuring that they are up to date on Annual Giving Initiatives, maximizing the value of donor relationships and coordinate their activities related to fulfillment of tax receipts, acknowledgement cards, thank you calls, etc. Provide training and messaging for CSRs.
- Act as lead contact for Annual Giving team with frontline hospital teams, including First Impressions, client relations, Locating- Switchboard, and Access CAMH.
- Manage inventory of fundraising materials within foundation office, and with various vendors.
- Internal approvals, purchase order process, invoice and expense tracking.
- Work with Donor Relations team to coordinate stewardship and cultivation activities relating to annual donors.
- Complete Database Retention reports, including tracking breakage, and monitoring monthly batch reports to catch technical issues.
- Act as the point person for escalated calls/emails related to Annual Giving donors as needed.
- Proactively identify trends in donor retention, and work with Annual Giving team to develop strategies to address them.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Foundation.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A university degree or a combination of comparable skills and experience.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in fundraising.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications on a Windows platform (Word, Excel, Power Point, electronic mail/scheduling, internet).
- Previous experience working with databases (particularly Raiser’s Edge) is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong person to person relationship-building skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands.
- Excellent attention to detail, planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently using an above average level of initiative.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy, good judgment and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of CAMHF.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
LIVING the VALUES
The way employees achieve his or her position responsibilities and activities needs to be done within the guiding statements and values of CAMHF as outlined below.
Make A Difference
- Strive to create change in mental health.
- Live CAMH/CAMHF values in the service of their mission.
- Maintain clarity of direction.
- Define/achieve long-term goals.
- Contribute with drive, ensure results.
- Partner with stakeholders, in particular donors and hospital staff.
- Be respectful/supportive of one another and encourage different points of view.
- Provide and accept timely, constructive feedback.
- Contribute to a positive environment.
- Share information and keep others informed.
- Explain rationale for decisions and consider implications for others.
- Collaborate across teams.
- Take responsibility for making things work.
- Go beyond filing issues and be solutions-oriented.
- Define and achieve clear roles and expectations.
- Optimize resources with effective processes.
- Commit to professionalism and excellence.
- Seek feedback to enhance how we support one another.
Learn and Innovate
- Keep challenging and investing in people.
- Stay open to new ideas.
- Ask for help when needed.
- Acknowledge and learn from mistakes.
- Drive positive change with courage.
- Be creative, innovate and seek new ways to conduct business.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com. Please enter “Response to HR - Development Coordinator Retention” in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: February 23, 2018.
CAMH Foundation thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CAMH has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.