Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
We are hiring for 2 Philanthropy Advisors with one primarily responsible for the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and various areas within the western region of Canada; and the other responsible for the GTA, as well as national outreach.
World Vision Canada (WVC) journeys with donors to become joyful, generous givers while working with internal and external partners to execute an impactful marketing strategy. We are seeking 2 Philanthropy Advisors, Transformational Gifts, who will be members of the National Team, Transformational Gifts within the Philanthropy Team. The role interacts with high net worth donors across Canada to deepen supporter engagement with World Vision’s mission. It requires growth within high net worth donors in the $10-$100k mark while supporting senior leadership in these segments with gifts exceeding $100k.
Key Job Functions:
• Ignites passion for philanthropy inside and outside of WVC particularly for high net worth audiences
• Executes the strategy for the National Transformational Gifts team, including building comprehensive donor plans for high net worth donors that cover acquisition, stewardship, and cultivation
• Grows high net worth donor contributions by building deep and meaningful relationships; understanding a donor’s place in their spiritual journey, their affinity with World Vision, issues they care about, and capacity to give
• Provides an individualized experience to high net worth donors through face to face and phone contacts, emails, letters, proposals, reports, stewardship updates; ensure communications adhere to brand guidelines
• Uses customer data and insights to help build plans for customer engagement and asks while nimbly navigating high net worth donor engagement across philanthropy platforms
• Partners with Brand & Creative Solutions to build donor proposals; present the proposals to donors
• Pursues and cultivates prospects for major donors proactively through attending events, leveraging social networks, and identifying influencers within high net worth donor segments
• Works with Public Relations (PR) & Communications to develop an influencing presence in the community including speaking at leadership fundraising events such as the Association of Fundraising Professionals and Canadian Association of Gift Planners, conferences, and webinars
• Incorporates planned giving references in discussions with high net worth donors when appropriate and build leads for the legacy and planned giving team
• Applies knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and compliance requirements for financial products into planned giving discussions
• Engages donors through trips to the field and event invitations
• Continually improves and develops self and team in the major gift fundraising space
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Actively own and cultivate portfolio of customers and through various channels as defined by a Major Gift customer journey with the goal of growing income and engagement
• Highly personalized stewardship capabilities and understanding of the appropriate philanthropy team for donor engagement to reach overall Philanthropic targets
• Detailed understanding and professional financial acumen with planned giving instruments
• Leadership understanding of CRA compliance
• Adept, nimble, disciplined and strategic with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, data and analytics
• Skilled communicator across written and verbal communication platforms
• Ability to appropriately and sensitively navigate across diverse audiences
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3-5 years of fundraising, and/or business development and relationship management experience in a customer-centric organization, including leadership donor cultivation within high net worth philanthropic contexts
• Achieved or ability to achieve Certified Fundraising Executive, (CFRE) designation within 1 year of employment
• Strong relationship building and business development skills
• Demonstrated passion for major gift fundraising; eager to learn and expand skillset
• Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales/fundraising performance metrics
• Skilled in public speaking; able to engage diverse audiences
• A skilled communicator for business case development (donor proposals)
• Expertise in using CRM systems
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle with the ability to travel is required
• Ability to work from a home office
How to Apply:
World Vision is committed to the protection of children; all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check. Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website:
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.