Posted On: 2018-02-02
Closing On: 2018-03-09
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Overall Job Summary
The Development Associate, Direct Marketing leads the development and execution of a variety of activities relating to the acquisition of annual (monthly and one-time) donors, across a variety of channels, including direct mail, telefundraising, direct dialogue, out of home and online to build the groundswell of support for CAMH Foundation and contributing to the total annual fundraising goals.
- Manage key vendor relationships with Direct Dialogue (door-to-door, street, retail, and event) donor acquisition service providers to ensure programs are on track and recommend solutions to maximise campaigns. Manage vendor/program performance, evaluation and reporting.
- Direct lead generation campaigns working with internal Digital team and external service providers to execute, optimize, and provide comprehensive reporting.
- Develop strategies to acquire new donors leveraging our existing donor file in offline and online channels.
- Coordinate and lead education and engagement activities for external canvassing teams and other vendors.
- Develop staff engagement opportunities that encourage one-time gifts and monthly support
- Leverage website (to maximise the opportunity to acquire new annual giving donors to CAMHF (direct user experience, write/revise copy, provide images/photography).
- Assist with campaign project management (creative development/strategy, OOH & Digital advertising, media buys, scripts, fulfillment, materials & asset development). Write/edit telemarketing call scripts.
- Manage online toolkit for vendors, sourcing and developing relevant materials that align with and support our acquisition goals.
- Develop and recommend opportunities for innovation and testing of new initiatives.
- Work with the CAMHF Customer Service Team to provide training and messaging.
- Complete Database Acquisition reports, reconciliation reports to ensure accurate billing by vendors, and accurate capture of donations in database. Complete monthly donor acquisition data import.
- Participate in the budget planning & preparation process.
- Assist with email strategy development for Annual Giving donors. Review lives prior to mailing.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct the role with integrity and respect.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Foundation.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A university degree or a combination of comparable skills and experience.
- a minimum of four years experience working in fundraising, direct response marketing is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications on a Windows platform (Word, Excel, Power Point, electronic mail/scheduling, internet).
- Previous experience working with databases (particularly Raiser’s Edge) is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong person to person relationship-building skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Exemplary attention to detail with excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently using an above average level of initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of CAMHF.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com. Please enter “Response to HR - Development Associate, Direct Marketing ” in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: March 9, 2018.
CAMH Foundation thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CAMH has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.