Posted On: 2018-02-05
Closing On: 2018-02-16
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The National ReStore Donation Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a strategy for acquiring donations for national distribution to the ReStore network of more than 100 stores nationwide. This individual builds relationships focused on corporate donors to maximize the quantity and quality of donations received, and is responsible for creating a sustainable and scalable approach to this work. While many donations received to this program are distributed from Brampton, Ontario, there is a significant number of donations that happen across the country directly from a donor to a local ReStore.
As a member of the national office of Habitat for Humanity Canada, this individual will be building and maintaining relationships with local ReStores and affiliates across Canada to ensure that there is a consistent, streamlined and unified approach to working with existing national ReStore donors and prospects. Significant cross-department work with the Philanthropy and Resource Development team will be required to ensure consistent record keeping and stewardship activities are achieved.
This position will report to the Operations Manager, National Distribution Centre and closely with the Coordinator, ReStore Distribution Services to ensure that donors have an exceptional experience from start to finish when donating product to the national ReStore GIK program. Regular daily travel in a car will be expected as well as an ability to travel within Canada when necessary. Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required to attend trade shows and other events as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- INCREASE REVENUE THROUGH THE ACQUISITION OF ReSTORE PRODUCT DONATIONS: With a primary focus on driving product donations into the distribution centre, also working with national donors that have product opportunities across the country to coordinate direct to store donations.
- PLAN & REPORT: Develop, implement and evaluate personal goals in line with established targets, associated KPIs, team plan and strategic organizational objectives. Provide complete and comprehensive reports. Maintain up-to-date and accurate donor and prospect records. Continuously ensure that the organization’s donor database management system (Raiser’s Edge) is reflective of all outreach and donations received.
- MANAGE RELATIONSHIPS: Continually develop relationships with new and returning corporate partners. Grow a network of effective interpersonal relationships with national staff, volunteers, Habitat affiliates and other stakeholders to achieve shared fundraising objectives. Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure that donors are provided with an exceptional experience from start to finish.
- ADVOCATE: Effectively and accurately communicate and align Habitat for Humanity Canada’s mission, values and fundraising priorities within the interests and strategic objectives of national donors, always representing Habitat for Humanity Canada in a highly ethical and confidential manner. Conduct presentations and lead meetings with various internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to, corporate partners, major donors, Habitat affiliates, volunteers, team members, and the senior leadership team.
- COLLABORATE: Lead and be a contributing member of cross-functional teams. Work with teams to build and execute various projects including, but not limited to donor development strategies, sponsorship/partnership programs and other resources. Take a pro-active approach amongst other donation and procurement staff working at affiliates across the country to align activities that can bring increased value to both the donor and the entire organization.
- DEVELOP PROFESSIONALLY: From time to time, participate in professional development opportunities and attend key charitable and donor-related events outside of regular office hours.
- Strong people skills and a natural relationship builder.
- Persuasive but gracious. An ability to read the situation and find the best outcomes for both the donor and Habitat for Humanity Canada.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust amongst all stakeholders, acting ethically and responsibly in all interactions.
- Ability to think strategically and manage competing priorities in a high-volume and results-oriented environment; demonstrated resourcefulness and independence, but comfortable working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment.
- Possess expert communication skills – written, oral and presentation including well developed networking ability with a proven capacity to establish new relationships naturally and easily.
- Superior listening skills with an ability to translate the concerns and interests of national donors into attractive opportunities for investment in Habitat for Humanity Canada’s programs and priorities.
- Behaves in a manner that fosters a positive atmosphere throughout the organization; consistently demonstrates a commitment to teamwork, hard work, professionalism and openness.
- Knowledge of building materials, household goods and furniture items is a major asset.
- Knowledge and experience with gift in kind tax receipting would be an asset.
- Interest in and dedication to Habitat for Humanity Canada’s mission, with ability to passionately articulate key messages and demonstrate an understanding of the organization’s work.
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills and exacting attention to detail.
- Ability to speak and communicate in French would be an asset.
- 5+ years of fundraising experience (corporate and/or major gifts) or related experience in sales, business development, major gifts, or corporate partnerships with proven results.
- University degree in relevant field or demonstrated equivalent working experience.
- Previous experience working within a federated charity.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Raiser’s Edge is considered a major asset.
- A valid driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle and ability to travel as required.
How to Apply
Interested parties may send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com,
with the subject line: “National ReStore Donation Manager”. Applications will be accepted until
February 16, 2018 at 5:00pm. No phone calls please. Only those applicants who will be invited
for an interview will be contacted.
About Habitat for Humanity Canada
Founded in 1985, Habitat for Humanity Canada is a national, non-profit organization working
toward a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to call home. Habitat for
Humanity brings communities together to help families build strength, stability and
independence through affordable homeownership. With the help of volunteers, Habitat
homeowners and 56 local Habitats working in every province and territory, we provide a solid
foundation for better, healthier lives in Canada and around the world.