Posted On: 2018-02-05
Closing On: 2018-02-23
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is seeking a dynamic, detail and results oriented Development Officer, Events to join our high-performing Community Engagement and Marketing Communications team.
ABOUT WOMEN’S COLLEGE HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
Women’s College Hospital Foundation (WCHF) is dedicated to supporting WCH as it revolutionizes health for women. Working together with patients, family members, staff, physicians, volunteers, community members and corporations, we raise, manage and invest funds to support the Hospital’s current and future priority needs. WCHF donors contribute generously to help build the new WCH, advance research and support innovative programs that address the unique needs of women and their families.
The strength and size of WCH’s donor community is a huge testament to the incredible work taking place here. Today, our donor family includes over 32,000 individuals, corporations and foundations.
Respect, caring, integrity and partnership are core to who we are, and we believe that authenticity and accountability strengthens all that we do. We are committed to our mission to build life-long relationships with our communities to support and fund health for women, innovation, research and relationship-centred care at Women’s College Hospital.
Learn more about WCHF, visit: www.wchf.ca / @wchf
ABOUT WOMEN’S COLLEGE HOSPITAL
Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is Canada’s leading independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital with a primary focus on the health of women. Founded in 1883 by Dr. Emily Stowe – a suffragist and the first Canadian woman licensed to practice medicine in Canada – our Hospital has earned its distinguished reputation through hard work, commitment, and a pioneering spirit of innovation.
Today, our ongoing achievements and our dedication to improving healthcare are building on that admirable legacy of leading-edge care and unparalleled caring. WCH opened the Hospital of the Future – a new, $555 million, state-of-the-art fully ambulatory facility – in fall 2015.
The opening of our new facility amplifies our position as one of the most ground-breaking institutions in the world focused on advancing the health of women and pioneering health system solutions that benefit all people.
WCH is home to one of the only hospital-based research institutes in the world focused on the health of women, and we are fully affiliated with the University of Toronto as one of Canada’s leading teaching hospitals.
Learn more about WCH, visit: www.womenscollegehospital.ca / @WCHospital
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, Events you are a key member of the team. You manage the Foundation’s third party events program, from solicitation to stewardship, while providing event coordination and support to the Foundation team. A team player, your keen attention to detail, effective time management and organization skills, along with your enthusiasm for supporting engaging and successful events will contribute to the achievement of the Foundation’s revenue and activity targets. This position includes evening and weekend work.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Oversight of third party event program, including marketing, event solicitation and program promotion
- Active solicitation of third party events through outreach to the community
- Meeting with community organizations and providing tours and information about WCH
- Working with third party events to create fundraising sites using Luminate TeamRaiser
- Administrative support of third party event organizers
- Attending and speaking at third party events on behalf of WCHF
- Stewardship management of third party event program and ambassadors
- Provides oversight and management of internal Foundation events
- In collaboration with other Foundation staff, manages the internal event planning process, including goal setting, timelines and critical path; and ensures successful implementation of the plan
- Compile estimates of expenses for each event and provide revisions (with explanations) as event details change
- Monitor event expense budgets, keeping team updated on all aspects of event costs
- On-site event management - executing each event to a high standard including the use of volunteers as required
- Provides lead day-of event support, including evening and weekend events
- Leads the event evaluation process and prepares the final event report if needed
- Provides event support and excellent customer service consultation for external donor groups
- Event volunteer recruitment, training and management for signature events
- Update or create event collateral using InDesign (eg. Event menus, signage, etc)
- Update or create event presentations using PowerPoint
- Event-related content development (eg. Invitation letters, emails, etc)
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field
- Minimum two – three years paid events experience with a track record of managing successful events
- Experience managing a third party event fundraising program, including a proven history of meeting revenue targets
- Highly detail oriented
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and a solid knowledge of database management (Raiser’s Edge). Experience working with Luminate and TeamRaiser would be an asset
- Ability to successfully plan multiple events simultaneously
- Ability to positively interact internally as a team member, as well as externally with donors and leadership members
- Experience building out a third party events program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, personable and service-oriented
- Ability to work within a tight timeline and prioritize in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Comprehensive understanding of budget management
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers, and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgment when working with donors and volunteers
- Flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position, such as a willingness and capacity to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends as required
- Valid driver’s license is a preferred asset
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resume and cover letter, stating salary expectations by Friday February 23, 2018 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the position title in your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further consideration. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged. WCHF will be pleased to provide an accessible recruitment process to candidates invited to move forward in our process.