Posted On: 2018-02-07
Closing On: 2018-03-01
Location: Ottawa or Toronto, ON
Effective: April 1, 2018
Employment Type: Contract
Commonwealth Games Foundation of Canada (CGFC) raises funds for Commonwealth Games Canada (CGC) to fulfill its mission of Building a Better Commonwealth Through Sport. Incorporated in 1982, CGFC has granted over $20 million to CGC in support of Canada’s Commonwealth Games Teams and SportWORKS (CGC’s international sport development program.) CGFC is a private, not-for-profit, registered charity led by volunteer Board of Directors comprised of business people from across Canada. For more information, visit our website at: http://www.commonwealthgames.ca/foundation/introduction.html.
CGFC requests a Proposal from individuals or firms to provide Executive Director (ED) services. Applying a balance of personal and public relations skills and industry acumen, the CGFC ED will;
- Learn from other Commonwealth Countries - the best practices and strategies in gaining public support, securing sponsors and event planning
- Plan & execute fundraising events (i.e. business breakfast, dinner, new launch event)
- Lead corporate giving and planned gifts initiatives
- Develop and lead the execution of donor acquisition strategies, tactics & materials
- Develop, maintain and enhance CGFC’s Donor database and issuance of Donations Receipts
- Develop and manage the CGFC budget, revenue / expense coding and Annual Audit
- In conjunction with CGC invigorate the Commonwealth Sport brand and secure sponsorships
- General Administration, including; Maintenance of Files and Records, Maintenance of Meeting Minutes Management and Distribution of Correspondence
- Provide regular reports to CGFC Board of Directors
Note, Commonwealth Games Canada (CGC) provides:
- General Financial Management (i.e. Preparation and issue of cheques, Reconciliation of bank accounts, maintenance of document files in proper condition for audit purposes, Preparation of Financial Reports)
- Sponsor Servicing
CGFC Executive Director reports to the CGFC President and Board of Directors.
The CGFC ED will commence duties on April 1, 2018, on graduated basis. The initial term ends March 31, 2019. Contract renewal is to subject achieving a mutually agreed upon new revenues goal
Use your Proposal to showcase your/firm ability to support the following requirements and preferences. Since we will be comparing the qualification of a number of individuals/firms, please provide the information in the order requested.
- Provide a description of you / firm (staff size, number of professionals, industries served, etc.).
- Describe fundraising & sponsor acquisition engagements, and results, you / firm has or is currently conducting in the not-for-profit and sport sectors. Include a list of not-for-profit clients that you believe are comparable to our organization in size, mission focus and complexity. If partners or other employees serve in an advisory/consultative capacity within the not-for-profit sector, please list such positions as well.
- Describe your / firm’s basic approach to funds development and the resulting advantages that will accrue to our organization.
- Identify the engagement team which you / firm would be performing and include a resume of the qualifications and experience for partners, managers and staff.
- Describe the extent to which you / firm’s personnel will be expected to contribute to the work effort. (Note the CGFC ED will commence duties on April 1, 2018, on graduated basis starting at 20% time and ramping up to 100% in September’18.) The initial term ends March 31, 2019.)
- Describe any existing or potential relationships between you / firm and CGFC/CGC and any employee or officer of the agency that could affect your independence and objectivity because of an actual or perceived conflict of interest.
- Ability to communicate fluently in Canada’s official languages (English & French)
Provide your proposed pricing structure. Please include a full breakdown of your rates, the rationale behind the approach and the value to Commonwealth Games Foundation of Canada. More specifically, please outline any additional costs, and any exclusions, from your price and outline how these costs will be managed or eliminated with your proposed solution.
Other Proposal Information
- Please give any additional information, not specifically requested previously, considered essential to your Proposal.
- Provide 3 (three) References with contact information.
Please submit proposals by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on March 1.