Role & Responsibilities:
The Director of Philanthropy is primarily responsible for managing a pool of prospects and securing major and planned gifts in support of our mission. In addition, the Director will manage the overall fundraising program at CHF, mentoring and supervising fundraising staff. Committed to success, goal oriented, and possessing great personal relationship skills, the Director of Philanthropy is a highly respected and ethical and a proven major gifts fundraiser.
Education and Experience:
- University degree, or post-secondary diploma ideally with specific fundraising courses
- A minimum of seven years direct fundraising experience, with a focus on major and/or planned gifts
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of donors/prospects
- Progressive growth in the fundraising profession with a proven track record of success
- Experience with annual fund programs: direct response campaigns, special events, tribute giving, etc.
- A CFRE designation is a definite asset
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and data base management skills highly desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated success securing major gifts at the six-figure level
- Strong relationship building skills
- Goal oriented, with a strong commitment to success
- An organized individual with strong analytical skills, attention to detail, creativity and excellent time management abilities
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communications skills; a tactful and diplomatic communicator and strong writer
- Evidence of leadership, both formal and informal and a proven ability to motivate and manage others
- Strong skills in financial management including budgeting, reporting and monitoring
- Personal alignment with the Foundation’s value of Gratitude, Respect, Excellence, Authenticity, and Trust
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Personally develop and manage a portfolio of major and planned giving donors and prospects for personal, face-to-face cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Formulate strategic and tactical plans for the successful cultivation and solicitation of major gift prospects and ensure personalized recognition and stewardship of donors in partnership with the President and CEO
- Achieve ambitious fundraising goals for the benefit of our partners and children in our community
- Develop customized, high-quality and compelling proposals and stewardship impact reports in partnership with our Marketing and Communications staff
- Actively engage and steward all donors through regular, thoughtful and strategic communication and stewardship activities
- Set strategy and oversee the Planned Giving and Annual Giving portfolios, ensuring the achievement of activity and revenue targets as integrated parts of CHF’s efforts
- Supervise, coach and support fundraising staff and foster an environment of continuous learning and improvement
- Provide fundraising support to the President & CEO
The Foundation operates on a 37.5-hour work week based out of an office environment. The nature of the Director role will require work outside of these hours because of meetings with donors and required attendance at community and Foundation events. Regional travel will be required; it is expected that the individual will have a vehicle and valid driver’s licence.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a confidential letter of application and resume to email@example.com by March 5, 2018. Please quote “Director, Philanthropy” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we wish to acknowledge all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.